Chapter 13: Mist Battles

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Before we begin, I'd like to apologize for the lateness of this update.  I've been a little busy (ironic since I'm on break from school), and it stopped me from updating sooner.  But, this chapter is really long, so hopefully that'll make up for it!!

I also got tagged multiple times to do a Pokemon Questionnaire (the Pokemon Nomination), so I will be doing that after the chapter is over.

Anyway, let's start.  I hope you enjoy!! :D

Ash

When I arrive at the Battle Arena there are already some fairies on the field, so I decide to just sit back and watch for a bit.  I'm anxious to battle though, it's one of my most favourite things to do in the whole wide world.  It's probably better to watch first though.. after all, I have no idea how Mist Battles work.  I assume they work the same way as regular battles, but I want to be sure.  

There was an intense battle happening when I came in.  Now that I'm in the stands I can clearly see who's battling, and to my surprise, it's Bonnie versing some fairy that I've never met before.  As I expected her Mist Pokemon is Dedenne, and she appears to be versing a Garchomp.  I've never seen her battle before, and she looks very fired up.  She appears to be winning, for now at least.

"Dedenne, use Play Rough!" Bonnie is calling out as I sit down.  Dedenne lets out its cry, then promptly charges at the opposing Garchomp.

However, the other fairy has a knowing look on his face.  "Not so fast!  Garchomp, use Earthquake!"

Garchomp lets out a low growl and unleashes its powerful Ground-type move.  Dedenne, caught completely off-guard, is hit full-on with the attack.  The impact of it causes the tiny Pokemon to be significantly pushed back, and the cloud of dust brought on by the move makes it hard to see if Dedenne made it or not.  I can feel myself leaning in to see the action closer; I guess it's the intensity of it all getting me fired up as well.

Miraculously, after the dust clears, Dedenne is still standing.  Clearly tired, but standing.  I hear cheers from some fairies around me, so I decide to cheer on my friend as well.  "You go, Bonnie!  You've got this!"

She notices me, then gives me a nod of gratification.  I nod back, knowing the look in her eyes all too well.  She has a plan.

"Dedenne, are you alright?" she checks.

Dedenne stands tall and nods.  "Denene!"

Bonnie smile.  "Awesome!  Dedenne, use Nuzzle!"

Dedenne charges forward and I hold my breath, knowing the move will have no effect on Garchomp because of its Ground typing.  The other fairy seems to know as well because he verbally points it out to her.  "You are aware that Electric-type moves have no effect on my Garchomp, right?" He doesn't even tell his Mist Pokemon to dodge; Garchomp just stands there and took zero damage.

Bonnie nods, remaining unfazed.  "I know.  Now Dedenne, since you're close, use Play Rough!"

I grin as Dedenne perfectly executes its attack; since Garchomp is caught off-guard and has no time to dodge, it faints.  And by that I mean that Garchomp's misty form slowly dissipates and returns to the fairy's Necklace, probably to recharge or something else.  Dedenne runs up to Bonnie and nuzzles her cheek which sends small sparks of electricity flying in the air.  "Awesome work, Dedenne."  

The other fairy approaches her and shakes her hand.  "Splendid battle.  We should have a rematch sometime, no?"

Bonnie nods and returns the gesture.  "I couldn't agree more."