Chapter 24: The Council of Light

Hi everyone!! SK here.

Congrats to Ash for winning his first league ever!!  I'm still in shock lol.

The next couple chapters will be interesting, I hope.  There'll definitely be a lot of romance ;)

But for now, I hope you enjoy!!

Serena

"Ready, Your Lightness?" Heliux asks from beside me.  It's closer to midday, but it's still pretty far away.  I can sense anxiety in the Magic Minister from where he stands beside me, and I remember his mysterious 'meeting' today.  When does he have to leave?  He never told me... 

I realize that I've been in my thoughts for too long because Heliux starts to look at me weirdly.  "I'm fine," I assure him quickly.  "And I'm ready.  It's been a while since I called a Council... that last time was..."

"When you first became Leader," Heliux offers, finishing the sentence for me.  "I'm sure this one shall go as planned; this is a rather important issue we need to discuss."

I nod curtly and follow him into the meeting room, a place that is rarely ever used.  Inside, my Council sits ready; the only spaces not filled are mine and Heliux's.  Everyone eyes me, and I do a quick headcount as I head towards my seat.  The Elements that are supposed to be present at a proper Council are Day, Night, Stars, Moon, Darkness, Lightness, Fire, Water, Grass, and Electricity- and any elements related to those.  We're also supposed to have both Advisors, Ministers, and Leaders present as well.  The only problem is that some of those parts are Dark Fairies, so the Council is a little smaller than it should be.  I imagine that it's the same for the Dark Fairies, if they even do Councils anymore... I hardly know the answer to that myself.  Who knows if they kept up any fairy traditions?

Brock is present, as is Misty, Lana, and Leo- they all have Water-related Elements.  May is also here, as is Mallow, Lillie, Iris, and Bonnie.  Mairin is also present, though she looks a little quiet.  I wince slightly to myself.  I hate seeing Mairin like this, I know she misses Alain very much even after all this time.  It makes me feel slightly guilty; I got my chance with Ash (though that failed), and she didn't even get a chance in the first place.

"I'm sure you all know the reason for this Council," I begin.  "There is an imbalance, and we are on the wrong side of it.  Ever since the Dark fairies have gained another Leader, destruction is spreading throughout our world, and the human world as well.  The Darks do not care about the damage being done, perhaps that is their plan in causing this imbalance.  We need to stop it before it is too late." My voice quivers slightly at that last part; I know what awaits for me if things get too far.

Death.

"But the Darks get new Leaders all the time," points out Dawn, "and there's never been this bad of an imbalance before.  What's changed?"

Heliux lets out a grunt, drawing the room's attention to himself.  "My assumption is that the Dark fairies, instead of creating a new Leader and letting the old die, are trying to have two Leaders at once.  The imbalance could have only gotten this bad if the new Leader has finished his training but was not formally introduced with the Destruction Necklace.  The Darks are clearly plotting something."

Silence ensues as Heliux's words hit home.  I wince; I hate that Ash is being dragged into this.  "Anyone have any suggestions or tactics that we can use to stop their plans?"  I ask the question hoping that someone has an idea.

"How long will it be until the imbalance peaks?" questions Austin, who has the Element of Electricity; he's been here for at least five centuries I've been told.  "Our course of action should depend on that."