Chapter 9: Less and More Confusion

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

First off, I just wanna give all of you a BIG thank you!!  A couple days ago, this book ranked #7 in the Amourshipping tag, and jumped up to #5 on Friday.  Now, it's sitting at #20 (but to me this is still AMAZING!!).  Thank you all so much for supporting me and reading this book, it really means a lot to me.

This chapter will be super long... so I hope you enjoy!!

Ash

After I wait a couple minutes in the flower room alone, Serena flies up to me with a much-welcomed smile on her face.  "I hope he didn't bore you too much," she comments while conjuring a portal, similar to how Heliux made his.  "I don't know why he was insisting on giving you a lesson literally five minutes after you arrived here."  We both walk through it, suddenly appearing on the ground.

"It was fine," I reassure her.  "To be honest, I did find it kinda interesting."

"Really?" Serena looks surprised, then lets out a small laugh.  "When he taught me, I fell asleep every other lesson."

I laugh with her, relishing how good it feels to do it.  To be honest, the whole truth of today's events really hasn't set in much.  I'd finally found Serena.  I left the only home I'd ever known to be with her.  My birthday is tomorrow, and I'll finally become a fairy; I'll be with Serena forever.

It almost seems too good to be true.

"Well, want me to introduce you to your old friends?" Serena asks kindly.  "O-Or, I mean, you already know them, so, uh, I guess you would go see them yourself?  I-I mean-" she fumbles with her fingers and her face goes red; she's clearly flustered.

I just put my hands on her shoulders, stopping her from rambling as she looks up at me.  "That would be great, Your Lightness."

"H-Hey!  Don't call me that, just call me Serena like always!" she fumes, trying to playfully swat at me.  I dodge easily, giving her a sly smile.  She rolls her eyes, though I could tell that she doesn't mean her actions.  Sighing fondly, she says, "Come on then, everyone's been dying to talk to you."

Still smiling, I follow Serena around, becoming a little bit confused when she stops suddenly.  "Oh, wait!" she exclaims.  "I should give you a tour, shouldn't I?"

I shrug.  "Only if you want to," I tell her.  "I wouldn't mind if you did, though."

"Then it's settled!" her eyes sparkle.  "Follow me, I'll be your tour guide for today, Mr. Ketchum."  I raise my eyebrows at the name, but I just assume that this is her quote-on-quote 'revenge' for referring to her by her formal title.

"Oh, the room you just came from is the Knowledge Hall," she adds quickly before we travel to far from it.  "Heliux does lessons there, as you know, and that's also where we keep our old texts."  I frown, not remembering seeing any books there, which causes Serena to interject, "They're magic-bound, so only Elementals can see them- that includes you, but they're buried deep underground in order to protect them.  Full fairies can go down to see them because of their magic."

"Ah, that makes sense," I comment, quickening my pace a little to walk beside Serena.  I grab her hand, causing her to blush slightly.  Exactly how I remember her...

"As you can see, there's lots of flowers," Serena tells me.  That's an understatement; over-sized flowers are the only structures in this camp- er, Colony, right?  I don't know the correct word yet but I'm pretty sure it's Colony.  Many smaller ones grow upwards, while there are many larger ones curled up near the ground.  All of them are different colours and shapes, and it's honestly very beautiful to look at.  It definitely completes the magical feel of the space.