Chapter 14: Shattered Hopes and Shattered Hearts

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Before I start, I just wanted to let you all know something.  You know how I always put a music video in the chapters??  Well, normally I don't really care if you listen or not, but there is a part in this chapter where the reading would make more sense if you listen to the music.  As always, there is a video at the beginning of the chapter, but the one that would be better to listen to is in the middle of the chapter (you'll know because it's the only video in the middle of the chapter).

Also, I just wanna give a HUGE thank-you to all my readers for a) reaching 100 votes, and b) ranking #17 in the Pokemon tag!!  Just.. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! 

Let's start the chapter now.  I hope you enjoy it!! :)

Ash

I watch as the cloud of smoke clears; to my absolute surprise, Pikachu appears to have fainted.  I just barely hear Brock announce that the winner is Heliux while I rush to Pikachu, trying to make sure that he's okay.  Thankfully, although he looks a little tired, he seems fine overall.

I hear footsteps and look up to see Heliux standing beside me.  "If you would allow me to, I can heal your Pikachu," he says with a faint touch of concern in his tone.

I nod, and carefully lift by buddy up off the ground towards the fairy.  Heliux raises his hands and a green-coloured aura emits from them; within a few seconds Pikachu jumps up happily onto my shoulder, fully healed.  "Thank you, Heliux," I tell him gratefully, while Pikachu thanks him as well in his own way.

Heliux gives me a slight smile.  "No problem.  I admit, that was quite a fine battle back there; not many have the skill or strategy that you have.  Your Pikachu is quite strong; you must have quite a strong bond with it," he remarks, giving Pikachu a little scratch behind his ears.  Pikachu lets out a sweet "Pika!" of pleasure, making me smile just a bit.

"Thank you for the battle," I say, thanking him yet again.  "Your Alakazam is pretty strong too."

Heliux nods, his expression made of stone.  "When you have all of eternity to train, that tends to happen."

I laugh a little, then proceeding to get tackled in a hug by Serena  How many times has she tackle-hugged me in the past day or so?  I don't know.  "That was amazing, Ash!" she exclaims.  "You've certainly come a long way."

"I-I don't know about that," I say with a stutter even though I have no idea why I'm stuttering.  "I still lost."

Serena lets go of me and shrugs.  "No one's been able to beat Heliux before," she says.  "But I think you're one of the closest fights he's had in a long time, right Heliux?"

"That is correct, Serena," Heliux affirms.

Serena gasps then speaks, her voice dripping with sarcasm.  "You- you didn't call me by my formal title!  Wow!  Sorry Ash, your birthday is great and all but this is the thing that calls for a celebration!"

I roll my eyes, and I can tell Heliux is trying to contain his smile.  "Well, that does not have to continue, Your Lightness."

Serena pouts, and I give her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Well," she starts, sounding dramatically sad, "Even if Heliux won't call me by my actual name, I think it's about time we do lunch.  What do you say, Ash?"

"Lunch?  Oh yes, that sounds perfect," I agree, my stomach grumbling at the prospect of food.

Heliux stays behind to talk to Brock about something when me and Serena leave the Battle Arena to go eat.  There are a lot of fairies still dancing in the center area, and I'll admit that it's quite adorable watching the Mist Pokemon play around too; it reminds me of that dance party we went to so long ago, when Miette forced me to go with her.  Honestly, I'd understood that Serena had to go with Clemont to help her Eevee, but I was secretly hoping she'd ask me; at that time, I didn't know what it meant.