Chapter 3: Escaping It All

Hi everyone!  SK here.

As you can probably tell by the chapter title, there are some interesting things that are gonna happen in this chapter.. well, at least more interesting than the last two chapters.

Really random but I have a good feeling that this book will be better than my other ones, especially if we're comparing it to The Curse of Espeon and Umbreon- this book will actually have a proper plot this time (rip TCOEAU (_ _;;))

Anyway, let's start.. I won't keep you waiting!!  

Enjoy ⊙▽⊙

Ash

My heart drops and I run towards the kitchen where I see my mom mourning the loss of at least half of our plates.  Well... not really mourning, but she looks upset.  She then turns tp me and that look of hers worsens- oh.  She's upset at me.  Well, duh!

"Don't you dare do that again, Ash Ketchum!" she shouts at me, stepping over the cracked porcelain to get near me.  

"S-Sorry mom," I apologize, giving her a hug when she comes close enough.  She seems to accept it and hugs me back, and the dark thoughts in my head seem to go away, at least for a little bit.  There's something about Mom's hugs that always help me in times like these.

"Still... I'm glad you're home, Honey," she says with a smile.  Mom then shoots a look behind me.  "And you've brought your friend!"  She sounds so happy, so much so that it almost hurts.

I let go of her and turn towards the doorway where I see Clemont standing there panting.

"I told you we should've called," Clemont tells me, looking stressed.

"Now, don't you worry about that.  Ash is always one to surprise me," Mom says, giving Clemont a small smile.  "I'm Delia, Ash's mother.  And you're...?"

"Clemont," my friend answers her, giving her a small handshake.  "It's nice to meet you, ma'am."

"Call me Delia," she returns kindly.  Gesturing to the table, she adds "Would you boys like something to drink?"

I'm about to say no, but I take one look at Clemont and instantly know he wants a small break.  I mean, it's not hard to notice, he looks like he just finished running a marathon.  "Yes please," I answer politely, sitting down at the table.  I gesture to Clemont to sit next to me, and he did so gladly.

"What would you two like to drink?" she asks us, and I think to myself for a second.

"Hot chocolate please," I say, because the stuff that Mom makes is always legendary.

Mom, on the other hand, does not look impressed.  "Hot chocolate?  Ash, you do know it's almost summer, right?"

"Yeah, I know, because my birthday's coming up in a couple days," I said.  My birthday is on the 22nd of May, this weekend.  "But I always love having your hot chocolate."

Mom lets out a sigh, giving in to my demand.  "And you, Clemont?  Anything you want?"

"Oh... um..." Clemont stutters, clearly unsure of what he wants to drink.

"You have to have Mom's hot chocolate," I tell him, trying to persuade him.  "It tastes amazing."

Clemont lets out a small chuckle, and turns towards Mom.  "I'll have a hot chocolate then," he responds.  "If Ash says it's good, it must be true."

Mom nods and smiles at us, and when she turns away I give Clemont a small high-five.  My mom chats with us for a couple minutes while she makes the drinks, what we've been up to, what regions we've traveled to, my training, Pokemon, you know, the usual.  Me and Clemont give her general answers; our quest would seem so out of the ordinary or pointless to others that we'd made a pact not to tell a single soul.  Our cover is that we are trying to become Pokemon Masters, which is still my dream even after all these years, and we're traveling to every region to gain experience.  We just hope that no one notices that we never catch any new Pokemon.  I mean, I have Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, and Hawlucha, some of the best Pokemon I've ever trained.  I won the Kalos League with them and Goodra.  Why would I need more?