Chapter 8: A Complicated Lesson

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

So here we go with chapter eight.  There will be a lot of explanations for you in this chapter, so I hope it doesn't drag on too long if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'm not gonna waste time by talking here.  Let's start the chapter!!

As always, be sure to enjoy it ^^

Ash

I quickly get released by my friends, and am reintroduced with each and every one of them.  They all now wear different kinds of fairy clothes... well, the same style, but different designs.  May's almost looked like it was on fire, while Misty's looked very, very, blue.  Very beautiful, but not as beautiful as Serena of course.

I get in touch with many of my old friends, like Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, and I'm about to say a quick hello to Bonnie when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around warily and I see this fairy guy I do not recognize.  He has honey-coloured hair, a little darker than and a little more brown than Serena's shade.  It's curled slightly on the ends but it is mainly straight, that combined with his golden eyes gives him a somewhat formal appearance.  He wears what looked like a long, navy-blue coloured dress-coat with golden cuffs, or whatever that was called- don't look at me, I've never really had a need to dress fancy before!  But yeah, he wears that, along with a golden shirt with buttons on it.  Oh, and he also has what I want to call a cravat on his neck, but I'm not sure.  Don't judge me for not knowing this stuff!

The man keeps a straight face as he holds out his hand.  "Greetings.  My name is Heliux, the Magic Minister of the Light Fairies."

The guy that Serena mentioned.  I gladly shake it.  "Nice to meet you.  My name is Ash Ketchum."

"The pleasure is mine," he says kindly.  "If you are not busy, I request that you come to the study room for a very important lesson," he said formally.  "I am aware that you are turning 20 tomorrow, and since you will be busy with celebrations then, it is important you have this lesson now."

"Heliux, lay off him, he just got here," Serena says, trying to defend me.  Heliux mutters something to her, something about her bringing me early I think, and she goes quiet.

"May I ask what this lesson is about?" I asked somewhat impatiently, desperate to catch-up with my friends and to also spend more time with Serena.

"Important knowledge for living in the Fairy Realm," he states, turning his attention back to me.  "Do not worry yourself; you will have plenty of time to converse with your friends after it is over," he adds, clearly sensing my impatience.

"Can Serena come too?" I ask excitedly, sneaking a glance at her.

Heliux shakes his head, looking stern.  "Her Lightness has other important matters to attend to with Brock, her Advisor."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," she says with a frustrated sigh.  "I'll be back," she adds quickly, offering me a small hug before she flits away.

I figure that this was my Brock he's talking about, but man, it's strange to hear him called an Advisor.  I will also never get used to calling Serena Her Lightness.  I turn to Heliux and sigh, knowing that this lesson would be important for me despite the fact I don't see it to be necessary right at this second.  Regardless, I decide to go with it.  "Lead the way."

Heliux gives me the slightest of smiles.  "Thank you, Ash.  If you would kindly follow me," he says, walking towards the edge of the main clearing.  As we walk, he seems to notice me staring at all the surroundings because he says, "Do not worry.  I assure you that you will have plenty of time to explore the Colony and the forest as well."