Chapter 22: Dreams of the Past

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

I know I'm updating again, but I guess that's a good thing, right?  I'm not sure if there'll be an update this Saturday, but hey, at least two came out this week, right?

Anyway, let's start.  This is another filler chapter per se... but still, I hope you enjoy it.

Serena

"I can't believe I'm Kalos Queen now," I whisper, gazing at myself in the mirror.  A tiara rests lightly upon my head, and I find myself staring in awe at it.  My three Pokemon, Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon, are staring at it too, clearly proud of all our efforts; I know I am.  "I finally accomplished my dream."

I feel like crying happy tears again, like I did on stage, but I guess I'm all cried-out.  Instead, I turn to my three partners, pulling them close.  "Thank you all so much for helping me finish my dream," I thank sincerely.  

All three Pokemon nuzzle me back, their murmurs sounding happy.  After a couple moments of the hugging, I stand up.  "We should probably go, everyone's probably waiting for us outside."  Right now, the four of us are in my dressing room, but I desperately want to see Ash and the others and celebrate with them.

I walk out of the room where I am promptly greeted by what seems like hundreds of reporters.  They crowd me with their microphones, and I'm so in shock I don't know what to say.

"Miss Yvonne, how do you feel about your big win?" one of them presses.

"It's incredible, being able to have this experience.  I'm quite proud of my Pokemon and everything we've accomplished to get here," I answer evenly, trying to keep my calm.  I have never been interviewed before, but I guess I'm kind of good at it?

"Any words for your predecessor, Aria?"

"It is truly a shame that she was taken from this world," I say ruefully, because she has just been pronounced dead a couple of weeks ago, and I have looked up to her for a good chunk of my life.  "She was a gift to the performance world and I would not be here today if it wasn't for her."

"What are you doing to celebrate?"

"Oh!  I... um, I'm not sure yet," I answer sheepishly.  The questions start coming too fast, some of them being ones I don't want to answer.  Especially the one about Ash, the new Kalos Champion, and I potentially being in a relationship, despite how happy that thought makes me.

"Security, coming through," a man in a black suit and tie says as he comes forward.  "Greetings, Miss Yvonne.  I've been asked to escort you to the front of the building, I believe you have some people waiting for you."

I nod and follow the guy, grateful for being brought away from those prying reporters.  I walk outside, and I am instantly greeted by all of my friends.  Clemont, Bonnie, Alain, Mairin, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor...

And then I see him.  Trying to push past everyone, Pikachu resting on his hat.

Ash.

"Congratulations!" all of them say in unison, making me laugh a little.

"Thank you all so much," I say, pulling them in for a hug.  We have a massive group hug, and after it ends they all make sure to compliment my Pokemon as well- this is every bit their victory as it is mine.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn, my heart leaping when I see that it's Ash.  "Hi," he says cheerfully.  "I know we all said congratulations already, but I wanted to tell you this myself.  Serena, I'm really proud of you.  From the moment you realized your dream I could tell that you were going to do great and never give up 'til it's over, but now seeing that dream actually completed..." he shakes his head as if in disbelief, smiling as he does so.  "It's amazing, Serena.  I'm so happy for you!"