Extra #2: The Ministers' Shrouded Past

Hi everyone!!  SK here.  

If you haven't guessed, this chapter is going to feature Heliux and Layra.  How did they go from hating each other to being deeply in love?

The answers lie here.  I hope you enjoy reading this!!  This chapter takes place millions of years in the past, right before the war.

This one's long (like 5K+) and there's timeskips.. no music track because of this reason.  Just warning ya.

Heliux

"You summoned us," I state flatly.  "What is it that you wish to discuss?"

"Actually," interjects the demon beside me, "Drago summoned me.  Pharah summoned you.  They did not summon us together.  So you speak only for yourself, much less for me.  Am I understood?"

I sigh.  I do not desire another fight with the other Minister, Layra, at this moment.  It is true that we fight all the time.  Our rivalry has been known, and made clear, for eons.  However, it is not my wish to begin a quarrel in front of Her Lightness and His Darkness.  They do not need to deal with that.

"Anyways," she says, dusting her hands off, though I do not see the meaning of why she is doing that, her hands are already clean?  "Is there something that we should be discussing?  The reason you summoned us?"

I try to fight my desire to point out to Layra that the statement she just contradicted is the same statement that came out of her mouth.  I look forward, and I see Pharah giving us an amused look.

"There is something we wish to speak about," says Drago, taking Pharah's hand.  "We have news to share.  Please, accept this with open minds."

Pharah nods.  "We are in love."

My heart stops.  

"But- but-" It seems that Layra cannot get her words out.  

I can, however.  "I cannot allow it.  That is breaking the sacred rules that Lita and Zagan themselves set in place millions of years ago.  This... feeling, you have, it is nothing more than lightheartedness.  I..." my voice trails away.  "If you feel this way, then I have failed you both as your Minister."

"You didn't fail," Pharah tells me.  "You couldn't stop this."

I remain silent.  I have failed.  In so many ways, I have failed.  Despair washes over me, my frown sinking further.

"For once, he's right," Layra points out, and I resist the urge to protest to her statement.  "And even if we do allow you, how are you going to go about hiding it?  I can say for certain that the other fairies enjoy abiding to the rules.  They won't take kindly to this."

Drago nods.  "We have thought about that, Minister.  If the fairies had another distraction, something greater than this, they would not notice nor care about our love.  If both of you could pretend to love-"

Layra cuts him off right there.  "Hold up.  Me?  Love him?" she looks at me and scoffs.  "Never in a million years."

Drago gives her a look.  "You both are immortal.  You have that and plenty more."

Pharah turns her graceful yet piercing stare towards me.  "Heliux?"

I shake my head.  "I am sorry, Your Lightness, but I cannot go through with this.  Both of you are well aware about our mutual dislike of each other, and your love should not just be hidden.  It should disappear."  I sound harsh.  Good.  That is how things get done.

Pharah, however, holds her ground, suspiciously so.  "Lita came to me herself and told me that this must happen.  She told me that it would work."