Chapter 34: Uniting Against the Darkness

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Before we start I just want to let you guys know that I'm getting really, REALLY busy.  I've been getting no sleep and school's been demanding and unfair (more than the usual amount) and I've just been so tired.... so updates might be coming late up until Christmas.  I'm really really sorry everyone... I will try my hardest, but just know that if updates are late I'm probably doing projects and studying.

Also, thank you so much for 3K!!  You guys are seriously the best!!!  I'll try not to disappoint you all with the book's ending.

Anyway I'll start the chapter now.  As always, I hope you sincerely enjoy it. :D

Serena

"Serena!?" Ash exclaims from the other side of the mirror.  "How... how...?"

I smile, Ash's expression causing me to feel amused.  "It's a simple spell," I tell him.  "But you have to be quiet, all of you.  You know who could come back at any second."

"I'm... I'm so happy you're alive," Ash says, his voice full of emotion.  My heart swells.

"Me too," I agree, right as Brock puts his face into the mirror.

"Is Heliux there?" he asks, obviously concerned.  It's then that I remember that the last time they saw Heliux he "died" right in front of them.

I don't have to say anything, because Heliux puts his face into the mirror; I can hear many sighs of relief on the other end.  "I'm perfectly fine," he assures.  "Did anything happen?" he adds, sounding a little confused.

"Well, your look-alike gave us all a scare," Brock answers, clearly choosing his words carefully.  "And Lillie's not doing well, because the stars are- wait, are you alright!?"

In a flash I remember Heliux's clone's fit, where it fainted.  Heliux's Element is Space- I should've asked him if he was alright as soon as I woke up.  Stupid brain.  I notice Heliux wince, but he regains his composure so fast that I can't even tell that he lost it in the first place.

"Like I said, I'm perfectly fine," he reiterates.  "But we needn't focus on that right now- we need to stop His Darkness from going through with his plan."

"You all need to have hope," Layra adds, squishing her head between me and Heliux as she pops into the frame.  "Keep the light in your hearts- it will make things harder for D- er, Rin."

"No, not Rin," I say.  I figure that it's time to tell everyone the truth.  The other fairies look confused through the magic window, but I quickly tell them the story that Ash told me.  Most of the fairies look shocked at this- I don't blame them, who would've thought that it was the same fairy living in other fairies' bodies continuing the war for millenniums?  I notice that some of the older fairies- the ones from the previous generation, before Aria's time- don't seem too surprised.  That's probably because of how long they've been alive, I figure.

"That changes things," Brock says slowly.  "That definitely changes things."

"We've actually been coming up with a plan of our own," Ash says.  Instead of explaining it himself, he leaves it to Clemont.  I'm pleasantly pleased how confident Clemont sounds; he's definitely changed since the first time I met him, but it's a good change.  He looked so lost from the time when I first came to see him as a fairy with Bonnie, but now it seems he's found himself.  My heart swells.  My dear friend...

"That sounds well thought-out," Heliux compliments.  "But may I suggest a few changes.  Ash, lead everyone in at once.  Don't split up- stay together.  Your numbers will strike doubt within Drago.  All of you being there will draw out all the Dark Fairies as well- and that will give us a chance to escape.  You need to keep the Dark Fairies busy while we- and you, Ash- go to challenge Drago.  While he is busy we can then work on restoring the balance."