Chapter 16: The Truth of the Darkness

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Yeah I so left off on a MAJOR cliffhanger last update... so I tried to publish this one as soon as I could.  So, I won't waste word space talking here and I'll just get started.  As always, I hope you enjoy it!! :D

Ash

I wake up in a room I don't recognize, and I don't know where I am.  I sit up and slowly blink my open eyes, trying to remember what happened last night.

Looking around the space, I try to make sense of my surroundings.  I'm in a room that was surrounded in twisted brambles, with small holes to let in outside light.  I hear rain coming from outside, but somehow no water is making its way through the holes.  Weird...

I turn my head downwards, and realize that my clothes are different.  Instead of my usual blue jacket with white stripes, I'm sporting an almost-black navy-blue one although it's much more fancy than my normal clothes.  It almost reminds me of that suit I wore to that dance party a while back, when Sylveon evolved and when I had that awesome double battle with Serena.

Serena...

In a flash, everything comes flooding back to me.

My birthday celebration.

Serena's rejection.

Alain taking me to the Dark Fairies' Colony.

Rin stabbing me through the heart.

My Initiation.

I jump up with a start, beginning to panic.  I look all around the room for my Pokemon, but I can't spot Pikachu or Greninja anywhere.  I'm not wearing a Necklace, so they can't be my Mist Pokemon, can they?  "Pikachu?" I call out, my voice urgent.  "Greninja- argh!"

I try to stand up, but a huge burst of immense pain coming from my chest clearly has other intentions.  I fall on my knees, my hands clutching the spot where the pounding is.  I let out a groan, and I feel like passing out.

"Rise and- oh!  Here, let me help you."  I hear a female voice, not really one I recognize.  I'm not really paying attention as she crouches by me, but when she summons some magic, I instantly start trying to get away from it.  

"Hey, this isn't meant to hurt you!  It's going to do the opposite, just trust me."  I feel a warmish aura hit my chest, and almost at once, the pain dissipates away.  I let out a sigh of relief and sit up, stretching.  

"Thanks," I say quickly, turning to look at the person who helped me.  In a flash, I remember her.

Layra.

The girl that had helped Rin fulfill his plan last night.

She must see the flare of anger in my eyes because she puts a magenta-coloured dome around the room.  "No one will be able to hear us in here," she explains.  "Not with that spell.  So, there are a few things I need to talk to you about.  But first, here's some food," she says, pointing to a tray that she had supposedly left on the bed.  

I raise my eyebrows.  "And how am I supposed to know if there's some sort of curse on it?"

She rolls her eyes.  "What's with everybody thinking that...?"  She shakes her head.  "So, I guess you're not hungry then.  Whatever, I'm starving," she says, going over to the tray and taking a bite of the food.  If she's eating it, it must be safe.  

"Sorry," I mumble, then go over to the bed and begin to eat myself.  It isn't anything special, but I am so hungry I don't care.  "Question: how did I get here?"