Chapter 27: Reunion and the Truth

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

So, if you can guess by the chapter title, our two favourite protagonists are finally meeting up again.  What will happen, I wonder?  I guess you'll have to read to find out!!

Anyway, let's start.  As always, enjoy! :)

Serena

I make my way through the forest, feeling anxious.  I want to find Heliux and apologize.  I feel awful for saying those things, especially after he confessed that whatever meeting this was meant everything to him.  This isn't how the Leader of the Light Fairies is supposed to act.

A few leaves crunch under my feet, and I wince.  As much as I enjoy the satisfying sound that is created by the leaves, it brings me anxiety.  The leaves, usually, only start to die when the Dark Fairies' Colony is approached.  I've barely left the my own, yet the plants are dying all around me.  A cold wind whirls past me, shifting my hair around.  I shiver, my thoughts brimming with despair.  

Something bad is going to happen soon, I can feel it.

I walk for some time, but I can't seem to find Heliux anywhere.  Where has he gone...?

I approach a small clearing and decide to settle for a quick rest.  The trees here reach up to the sky, their bark a rich brown while their leaves shimmer like emeralds.  Their leafy branches create a canopy that dapples the sunlight on the ground below.  The grass is a beautiful summer green, full of life and showing no signs of dying.  Small clusters of flowers sit by the bases of the great oaks, creating tiny rainbows wherever I turn to look.  Their colour patterns remind me of my Necklace a tiny bit.  

I put my foot forward, smiling a bit as the dew from the grass dampens it a little.  In the center of the clearing sits a little babbling brook, a little pool of water that never empties.  There is a large, flat stone sitting next to it, which is a beautiful silver colour with a few flecks of ruby red in the midst of it.  I sit down on it, filled with wonder at the rock's smoothness.  As I sit I think I hear the quiet whispers of forest Pokemon, but I know that is impossible.  The only Pokemon that exist in our realm are the Pokemon that have already bonded with fairies.  

I breathe a small sigh as I listen serenely to the quiet babble of the rippling water.  This little clearing is still brimming with life, unlike the forest that is surrounding it.  I bend down and cup some water with my hands, drinking it and relishing its freshness.  This place is still the same as it was a week ago, when life was still in balance and my emotions were not in turmoil.  I drift into my fantasies until a leaf, the brightest crimson I've ever seen, flies past my face.  I sigh, a different kind than before.  I know this beautiful place will fall too, if nothing is done to stop this.  

The truth is... I'm scared.  I know getting rid of me is one of the first steps of Rin's plan.  In this realm, there is a being of Creation, and a being of Destruction.  The balance is already tilted towards the latter.  If I were to die, well... Rin's job would be a lot easier.  Then I know that he will destroy the rest of the Light Fairies.  As for Heliux, well... once he destroys everything that my Minister holds dear, it shouldn't be too hard for Rin to get to him as well.  

I start singing softly to myself, until another voice sounds through the clearing.  "Your voice is as beautiful as always."

With my heart pounding I turn, gasping just a little when I see that it is in fact Ash standing there.

It's the first time we've seen each other since I rejected his feelings, and I have no idea what to do.  We gaze at each other in silence, endless wonder worn thin by stresses.