Chapter 8: Nearly Famous

This is the first chapter that starts in the future from where we are today. That's so incredibly exciting to me, I don't even know why. Anyway, so this starts, I guess, on September 8, 2014, which is two days from now. It feels like I'm predicting the future a little. Ok, that's all for my small lame rant :P
----------------------------------------------------------

"Where's Bree?" asked Shana once everyone had began to gather in the choir room the next Monday during lunch.

"She's not in school today," Julie answered. "No, I don't know why." Shana looked at her, wondering why she had been so curt, but figured she shouldn't even bother. As soon as Jake walked into the room and took a seat next to her, Julie's frown turned into a smile and they began to talk, interrupted by Sam.

"Hey!" he said with excitement. "Mr. Schue, as you all know, has one of his little trips to that representative convention thing and he's leaving in a few weeks so he's going to be really busy going to meetings. Since Coach—er, Sue Sylvester, has yet to get over the fact that I'm here, it looks like I'll be running things! And once again, it's that time of year..."

He rushed over to the board and wrote: Britney Spears!

Shana seemed excited and Stefan just looked confused, but everyone else groaned or at least frowned. "No Britney?" he asked, beginning to erase the board.

"I think by now we've done every Britney song out there," Kitty exaggerated.

"Not even close..." Julie responded, recognizing her hyperbole but annoyed by her friend's presence. Kitty looked at her and rolled her eyes. Was she still mad? She wasn't even doing anything with Jake anymore. In fact, she should be mad at having Quinn taken from her.

"Well, who do you all want to pay tribute to then?" Sam asked. "Madonna? Cher? Tina Turner?"

Different members were excited by different names but none of the suggestions made everyone happy. "Can we just each do a song by a different person?" Amity asked, wanting for everyone to just be satisfied for once.

"Not a bad idea," Sam said, wagging his finger at her. "Okay, I need each person to tell me who you think is one of or the big name in music right now. Like modern, current singers." He turned to the board, ready to write what was said.

"Demi Lovato!" Julie exclaimed automatically.

"Beyonce!" Unique added. "Bae-once!"

"Katy Perry!" Harmony announced, freaking out as though if she hadn't said it, the name never would've been said.

"Jason Derulo," Stefan said, finally adding a male artist to the list. 

"Adele," said Marley, knowing that although her name wasn't out there as much at the moment, she still had amazing songs to give.

Sam turned around expectantly for the others to give their own names. "Sam Smith," Jake said when nobody responded. Sam continued to write down names.

"Oooh!" Shana burst. "Miley, Miley, Miley!"

"I guess Taylor Swift," Kitty rolled her eyes. 

"Hunter Hayes," Rory said, just for the sake of having country in the mix.

The rest of them scrambled their brains for artists that hadn't been mentioned yet. "Umm, Sia," added Amity.

"Maroon 5?" Ryder said, wondering whether a band with one singer counted. Sam wrote it down so he took it as a yes.

"Dan and Alex?" Sam said, as they were the only two who had yet to give a name.

"Coldplay," Alex said with a shrug.