Chapter 26: Let's Talk About Sex

"I expect to see you back and ready to be a serious students when your suspensions ends," Principal Hallman was telling a pair of students when Will walked into her office.

As they left her office with huge frowns on their faces, Will closed the door and asked, "More suspensions?"

"More inappropriate sexual behavior," she sighed. "It looks like Spring Fever has hit McKinley in the fall. I've had to hire a new Sex Ed teacher to ensure that these kids have proper knowledge of the dangers of behaving in such activities, especially at their age and while their educations are on the line. Actually, that's the reason I called you in."

"To talk about sex education?" he said, confused.

She shook her head. "No, William, I meant about the new teacher," Principal Hallman said. "I have it in my knowledge that you and Miss Holliday are well-acquainted, so I thought you might want to help her along the way." She pointed behind him, so Will turned and saw Holly Holliday standing outside, waving with excitement.

"You hired Holly to do Sex Ed?" he asked incredulously, waving back at the happy blonde.

"I hear she is excellent," Principal Hallman said. "Anyway, I'd like to have a bit of a test run, but I can't make it there. However, I trust your judgment and would highly appreciate it if you observed her first lesson in my place."

Will nodded. "Of course," he said, forcing a smile at Holly, who he knew was not on the same side of sex opinions as Principal Hallman's conservative views.

***

"Can you believe we have to waste our free period on a pointless class?" Unique said as she and some of the other seniors walked towards their Sex Ed class. "We already took Health. Isn't it the same thing?"

Rory laughed. "Not with the woman we're having as teacher this year," he said. "Didn't you all hear? We have—"

"Welcome class," said the tall, elegant blonde as when walked into her classroom. "My name is Holly Holliday and I will be teaching you all you need to know about sex!"

Seeing Jake's mouth turn into a sharp grin, Julie punched his arm and pulled him down on the seat next to him.

"Sorry kiddos," Holly told them. "As much as I'd like to see us mixing it up in here, by school regulation we must have all girls on this side of the room and all guys on that side."

Jake frowned, standing up and giving Julie an apologetic look before taking a seat with Rory in the back table. She was instead joined by Marley, Unique and, unfortunately, Jordan Stern. When Ryder walked in, late, he tried to sit with Bree and Kitty in the middle table but found he couldn't. The only empty seat was right next to Jake.

"Ok, let's get started," Holly began. "We should first give a few basic defin—" Her voice trailed away as Will entered the room. "Oh hey!" she exclaimed.

"Hi," he said softly, smiling as he took a seat. "I'm just observing. Just act like I'm not here."

"Oh nonsense!" Holly chimed. "You're the perfect partner to help me teach this lesson."

"Oh, no, no, no," Will protested as Holly dragged him to the front. "I couldn't—"

"Let's get started, class," Holly addressed the teenagers in the room. "My name is Ms. Holliday and this is Mr. Schuester. We will be educating you all on sex, beginning with a few definitions."

Will looked nervously back at the kids, most of whom he taught. He couldn't look any of them in the eyes, looking down at the ground instead as Holly continued.