Chapter 56: Goodbye Bree

Over a week has gone by since the last chapter. And now we are on the week of the musical (just so there's no confusion!). I'm really trying to post as much as possible to meet my deadline but also to make up for not posting very often in the last week or so!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie stood in the middle of the stage, with Harmony beside her, her arms crossed. "I can't take much more of this," Julie was saying. "This obsessive-compulsive-control-freak paranoia!"

"What?" Harmony responded.

"What's going on?" Will asked as he took a seat with the rest of the cast in the audience. 

"They insisted that they were off book for this scene already," Emma whispered.

["Take Me Or Leave Me" from Rent begins to play. I know Rachel and Mercedes did it, but they didn't do it fully, so now my girls will!]

"I didn't pierce my nipples, because it grossed you out," Julie hissed at Harmony, whose jaw was open and ready to cut her off. The front row, which consisted of the New Directions, chuckled. "I didn't stay at the Kink Club, because you wanted to go home!"

"You were flirting with the woman in rubber," Harmony pointed out, her eyes wide.

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!" Julie exclaimed. "Gimme a break!"

"Wow, they are really great," Will said. 

Emma nodded. "I know!" she exclaimed. "It's only been one week and we haven't even blocked out the song but they were so excited about this number!"

Julie: Every single day, I walk down the street, I hear people say 'baby's so sweet'. Ever since puberty. Everybody stares at me. Boys, girls, I can't help it baby. So be kind and don't lose your mind... Just remember that I'm your baby!

Julie grabbed Harmony's hands and started to dance with her. "Is this weird for you?" Ryder asked Jake.

"Not at all," he responded. "You?"

"Nope," Ryder grinned. Bree, who was sitting beside them, rolled her eyes at them and turned her attention back to the performance. She'd never be able to compete vocally with those two, so she'd have to at least kill it with her acting.

Julie: Take me for what I am! Who I was meant to be! And if you give a damn. Take me baby. Or leave me...

Harmony pulled away beginning to storm off.

Julie: Take me or leave me

Julie, however, did what Maureen would've done and hopped on top of the piano, which was the only prop currently on the stage. Harmony turned around, her hands on her hips, and watched as Julie put on a show.

Julie: A tiger in a cage. Can never see the sun. This diva needs her stage, baby, lets have fun! You are the one I choose. Folks would kill to fill your shoes. You love the lime light too now baby.

As Julie got off of the piano, she began to toy with her Cheerios skirt, pretending to lift it up and putting it back down, while Harmony chased her around the piano. Will was blown away by how perfected this was despite the fact that they hadn't rehearsed this number at all.

Julie: So be mine but don't waste my time... Cryin' 'honey bear are you still my, my, my baby?'

"Don't you dare!" Harmony exclaimed as Julie tried to hug and kiss her. She stormed away once again and Julie followed her across the stage.

Julie: Take me for what I am! Who I was meant to be! And if you give a damn! Take me baby or leave me!

They stopped just as Harmony began to make her way off the stairs. "We'll need to build a staircase going up on the stage," Beiste told Marley, who jotted this down in her notepad.