Chapter 65: Last Chance

The premise for this chapter/"week"/"episode" was submitted by writersfairytale. Thank you for your time and enjoy. Judging by all the 'feels' from the last one, I think you will! :D Oh and a big, collective sorry for crushing all your hopes, dreams, desires, everything that brought you joy, etc. Most of you weren't happy with the last events (because I "broke your hearts") so... #SORRYNOTSORRY... Hehe, I AM sadistic... Anyway, sorry, here's a feel good chapter, sort of! It's basically a Thanksgiving present even though it's not even Thanksgiving for me or most of you anymore (West Coast, enjoy). So just know that I'm super thankful for all of you and the support you give me by reading, voting,  commenting, participating in Tumblr, etc.! It's really amazing and y'all are the best!
-------------------------------------------------------

Julie opened her eyes, thankful to be in her own warm bed, safe and sound. She rolled over on her side and smiled as she saw Jake there next to her. After reaching out to caress his cheek, she sighed and rolled back around, nearly breaking her neck as she sat up in shock.

With eyes wide open now, she looked down at Sam's body and murmured, "Oh right... That happened..."

Looking back at the two guys she was lying in the middle of, she shook her head and carefully crawled out of bed. Once on the floor and standing at their feet, she watched them sleep and took a deep breath.

"Heh... not again..." she sighed. "Oh... this ain't supposed to happen to me..."

["Knock You Down" by Keri Hilson.]

She walked into the restroom with disappointment in herself as Sam opened his eyes.

Sam: Keep rockin', and keep knockin'. Whether you Louis Vuitton-ed up or Reebok-in'. You see the hate, that they're servin' on a platter. So what we gon' have—dessert or disaster?

Sam rolled over to face the floor just off of the bed, beginning to drift back into his sleep just as Julie returned and stared at him.

Julie: I never thought I'd... be in love like this... When I look at you my mind goes on a trip. And you came in... and knocked me on my face... Feels like I'm in a race. But I... already won first place.

She then turned to Jake, who was on his back with his eyes closed.

Julie: I never thought I'd... fall for you as hard as I did. As hard as I did, yeah. You got me thinkin' about our life, our house and kids. Yeah. Every morning I look at you and smile. 'Cause boy you came around and you knocked me down... knocked me down.

With frustration over her situation, she started pacing the room and attempting to calm herself down. She could get throught this and nobody had to get hurt.

Julie: Sometimes love comes around. (Love comes around). And it knocks you down. Just get back up. When it knocks you down. (Knocks you down). Sometimes love comes around. (Love comes around). And it knocks you down. Just get back up. When it knocks you down. (Knocks you down).

She took a seat on the chaise lounge chair by her dresser and rested her head on her arm as she continued to look back and forth at them and Sam started to wake up.

Sam: I've never thought I would hear myself say (ooh). Ya'll go ahead. I think I'm gonna kick it with my girl today (Kick it with my girl today).

Julie smiled. Maybe he was the right choice. Unfortunately, she was just as troubled once again when Jake also sat up and did just as Sam had.

Jake: I used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship flyin' high (flyin' high). 'Til I met this pretty little missile who shot me out the sky (oh shot me out the sky). (Hey) 'til now I'm crashing, I don't know how it happened.
Both: But I know it feels so damn good
Sam: Said if I could go back, and make it happen faster. Don't you know I would baby if I could.
Both (Jake): Miss independent (oh, to the fullest), the load never to much, she helping me pull it
Jake: She shot the bullet that ended that life. I swear to you the pimp in me just died tonight.