Chapter 59: Accepted

Kind of a filler chapter! Sorry! But this is basically what happens when April 1st comes and all the college acceptances come in!
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright," Will said, standing in the choir room with his seniors in chairs up front and the underclassmen in their usual seats. It was April 1st, the Wednesday after Regionals, and the national day in which most seniors got their acceptance letters from the schools that hadn't sent them out yet. "First, let's hear of schools you already got into."

Starting from left to right, the kids began to list out their schools. "I got into my top choice," Kitty said, "Pepperdine, but what I'm waiting on is my financial aid award letter, which is currently on my lap. Other than that, I've gotten into Ohio State, Washington in St. Louis, and Villanova."

Bree cleared her throat and said, "I got into Pratt, NYU and SCAD. I'm not really waiting on anything else so I'm kind of just sitting here."

"I got a full ride to Ohio State," Ryder said, giving Jake a high-five. "And that's where I'm going so I'm not waiting on anything else either."

"And I've gotten into Ohio State, Skidmore, Sam Houston State, and UC Berkley," Jake said. "I'm waiting on Juilliard which comes Friday so..."

Julie cleared her throat awkwardly. "Also waiting on Juilliard," she said. "And here, on my lap, I have the decisions from Stanford, Yale, Columbia, and Pomona. And I've already gotten acceptances into Ohio State, Belmont, UT, and Rice." Amity clapped her hands softly. Rice was one of her favorite schools and the rest of that list looked great.

"And I'm waiting on Juilliard and NYADA," Harmony said. "I've gotten into NYU, California State, and Ohio State. I won't be hearing back from NYADA or Juilliard yet, but I am a finalist for both so... Fingers crossed." Jake looked down at the ground, trying not to make a face.

"I got a full ride to Boston University," Marley began, "and Ohio State and my dream school, Baylor. But I'm looking at my financial aid packet for the last."

"I only applied to one school, The University of Charleston," Rory said. His face broke into a smile as he said, "And I got in."

"I got into Denison University, full ride, and Ohio State," Unique said softly. "I'm not waiting on anything else."

"Great!" Will exclaimed. "Alex, Amity, Dan, Shana and Stefan will now make a drum roll as you all open up the rest of your letters." The underclassmen did as he said as the seniors nervou hersly opened their envelopes. 

"Oh my gosh!" Kitty was the first to exclaimed and jump up. "I almost got a full ride to Pepperdine! It's close enough! I'm moving to Malibu! Leaving Lima! Oh my gosh!" Bree hugged her and the two stood and watched as the others opened their letters. Everyone turned to Julie and Marley. Marley, who only had one letter to open, was first. 

Her smile turned into a frown as she said, "I didn't get very much from Baylor... Which means I can't afford to go to medical school there."

"You've got a full ride to BU," Unique said, patting her friend on the back. "Texas can suck it!"

"Julie?" Jake said, watching as she read a letter silently, her expression serious. 

She looked up and said, "I got into Yale."

The room broke into applause. "Well open the rest of them, Smarty Pants," Alex encouraged her.

She looked around the room nervously and then continued. "Columbia," she sighed, opening the letter. She shot a quick glance at Jake. Their chances of being together in New York depended on this if she didn't get into Juilliard. Taking a deep breath, she opened up the letter enough to see the word, 'Unfortunately' and let out a deep sigh. "I didn't get in."