Chapter 61: Enemy

A/N: Every Shana scene was written by its-nom-nom (and slightly edited by me) so hooray for her and her awesome idea! It was a great fit and I'm excited to add in more of what y'all have sent in as the story wraps up! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh!" Harmony cried, kicking the door for the tenth time in a row. "For how long have we been stuck here? It feels like hours!"

"Calm down, drama queen," Marley grinned. "It's been less than ten minutes."

"We wouldn't be stuck at all if someone hadn't pushed me into the door," Bree hissed in Julie's direction. The latter rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she tossed herself onto one of the couches.

Mandy sighed and said, "Ok, I think this will all be easier if we all just try to get along and—"

"Nobody asked you!" Bree and Julie snapped at her in unison, before turning on each other again.

"Cut it out, you guys," Marley looked up at them pleadingly. "Mandy's right. We should just—"

"You're taking her side?" Julie asked in disbelief.

"There's no sides," Marley continued. "You're both my friends and I don't understand why you're fighting."

"It's probably because Sam's supposedly in love with Julie," Bree said. "But what do I know?"

"You're right," Mandy said suddenly, nodding at Bree. Julie's face reddened until she added, "You don't know anything."

"Your jawline is so perfect!" Harmony exclaimed out of nowhere, staring at Mandy in awe. "Seriously, you're a model, right?"

"I am," Mandy said with a modest nod. "I, uh... I'll be touring on a few runways this summer but after that I'll be officially unemployed."

"What about Breadstix?" Harmony asked her curiously. "Don't you own it?"

"Co-own," she responded. "Not for long though. Sam and John want to move the band to Los Angeles permanently after their tour is over so I'm handing over full ownership to Terri Del Monico."

"And you're just going to follow Sam around while he chases his dreams?" Bree raised a brow. "You know, if you're looking for work, I may be able to help. I'm taking a fashion internship in New York. In the meantime, I'm going to open up my own fashion line. I already have countless of designs ready and the internship will only help me network to fast start my career. If you're interested, I'd love to have you be one of the faces for my company once I start it."

"That would be—" Mandy began, a smile on her face.

"Are you serious, Bree?" Julie interrupted. "I get that you're mad at me but—"

"This is strictly business," Bree rolled her eyes, turning back to Mandy. "If you gave me your details, I bet we could get—"

Julie stood up in a rash movement and stepped into the back room, slamming the door behind her. The other girls watched in silence before Bree began to shift the conversation to fashion and all of the ideas she already had.

***

"Guys, it's been an hour," Rory said, looking down at his watch. "It's getting pretty dark and the girls aren't back yet... What if something happened to them?"

"They're fine," Sam insisted with a soft chuckle. "You've been watching too many slasher films. Let's just enjoy the time away from them."

"Dude, your girlfriend's a model," Ryder told him. "If I were you I'd be spending as much time with her as I could."