Chapter 37: Game Night

"So is it true?" Carrie asked as she and Julie sat on the floor with Shana and Jordan behind them straightening their hair.

"Is what true?" Julie asked. 

"Bree's at rehab?" Carrie asked softly. "I'm not goint to torment her about it ok? She and I were really good friends before she joined your stupid glee club and it's sad that she went down that path."

"She's strong," Julie responded.

"She'll get through it," Shana added with a confident smile.

"Alright bitches," said Kitty as she and Peyton walked into the room carrying plates with pizza on them. "Time to carbo-load."

"This is going to be so bad for my pores," Carrie said with a terrified look on her face.

"You wanted to join in," Kitty told her. "You have to pay the cost. Now eat up."

"If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that," Shana mumbled as she reached for a slice. Carrie looked at her, repulsed, and hesitantly joined everyone else.

***

"Thanks for coming," Harmony said when her show ended and she walked out to the theatre's lobby, where she found Ryder, Marley, Amity, Alex, Will and Emma. "It means a lot to have you all here." She had been disappointed to see so many empty seats, but this was more than she had expected.

"You were amazing," Will told her.

"Truly," Emma nodded. "Spectacular performance. I didn't know you were such a fantastic actress."

"It was fun," Harmony admitted, "but I think I like my theatre a little more musical."

"Well, whatever it is," Will told her, "you will be great at it. We'd love to stick around and hang out but we left Danny with a sitter and—"

"Oh no, go ahead," Harmony waved. They said their goodbyes and left. Harmony turned to the others and sighed, "Thank you. I know you all had other places to be—"

"Not really..." Alex muttered. Amity hit him in the arm.

"It was our pleasure," she told her. "It was... great... Surprisingly great."

Marley nodded. "I really enjoyed myself," she said.

"We should go though," Alex said to Amity. "We have to pick up Unique before—"

Marley and Amity both slapped his arm this time and Harmony forced a smile as she said, "I know about the slumber party. It was all over Tumblr. I, uh...She did invite me, if you were wondering. I just haven't been to her place since before Dan and I broke up so it'll be awkward and—"

"Dan's not there," Marley said. 

"Fishing trip," Ryder nodded.

"You should come with us," Amity forced herself to say. It was the right thing to do.

"Yeah," Marley agreed, smiling warmly. "Julie wanted all of us there. With everything that happened with Bree and stuff, we should all band together, just us glee girls."

***

"Or not," Marley said when they walked into Julie's living room to find the three girls they liked least had invaded the party.

"You're here!" Shana exclaimed, hugging Amity. She dragged her to the couch with her as Unique and Marley took a seat as far away from the Cheerios as they could.

"I didn't know there'd be guys at this party," Carrie said.

The girls glared at her. "What was our deal?" Julie asked.