Chapter 44: Stupid Girls

There's apparently a chat going on right now? lol, enjoy this chapter and if you wanna join the live chat, go to iamarias3.tumblr.com and it's the first thing you'll see. I'm going to be doing some homework but I may join in later to talk to you all, answer some questions, and maybe give a couple of spoilers!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know..." Kitty mumbled as she walked towards the parking lot with Bree and Julie. "You have seemed awfully flirty with Stefan lately."

"Friendly," Julie corrected her. 

"Speaking of flirting," Bree interjected. "Kitty, have you followed my advice yet?"

"No!" Kitty exclaimed. "Because it's absolutely terrible."

"What has she asked you to do?" Julie asked, though she was afraid of what the answer could be.

"Seduce Vince Carter," Kitty explained, rolling her eyes.

"Who?" Julie asked.

"My tutor," Kitty told her. "She thinks you can solve anything with seduction."

"You really can," Bree nodded.

Julie furrowed her brow and said, "I'm confused... How will this help?"

"She gets to shag a hottie," Bree shrugged.

Kitty made a face. "Have you even seen him?" she asked.

"Not really," her friend sighed. "In my defense, I'm just tired of you and I being single."

"You're single by choice," Julie pointed out. "Joe totally wants you back but you keep refusing him!"

"Because I already love him," Bree said. "And knowing that he could break my heart again is pretty scary, you know?"

"You sound like Julie," Kitty laughed.

"I do not talk like that!" Julie exclaimed.

Bree gave her a look. "You used to," Kitty said. "'Oh, Kitty, I can't say I'm in love. What if Sam doesn't love me back? Bleh, bleh, bleh.' That was basically you during sophomore year."

Julie rolled her eyes but couldn't help and smile, as she knew this was true. "I've evolved from that girl," she said, crossing her arms. "Now that's you two whining about everything."

"I don't whine," Bree defended herself. "Speaking of whine, I have to go do some wine tasting with my cousin for her wedding so—"

"Wait, shouldn't you, like, not be drinking?" Kitty asked her nervously.

Bree rolled her eyes as she walked to her car. "I'm not an alcoholic, Kit-Kat," she told her. "Later bitches!"

As she left, Kitty turned to Julie and said, "Ready to go?"

Julie nodded. "I'm supposed to meet with John's band now that he's back in town and Sam wants me to help him out with some lyrics and—"

"Whoa!" Kitty stopped her. "You and Sam are going to be spending more time together? Between him and Stefan, I don't know how you're planning on ever convincing Jake that you only have eyes for him."

"He already knows it, though," Julie told her. "I don't have to prove it to him."

"If you say so..." Kitty muttered as she unlocked her car. Julie followed her inside without another word, frustrated with everyone thinking she was suddenly the shadiest person around. 

***

"Thanks for picking me up," Amity said as she and Alex drove away from the animal shelter. "It's tough getting home on days when John isn't working."