Chapter 32: The Mission

["Black Widow" by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora.]

Marley: I'm gonna love you... Until you hate me... And I'm gonna show ya. What's really crazy. You should've known better. Than to mess with me, honey. I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna love ya. Gonna love ya, gonna love ya. Like a black widow, baby.

Bree kept her face towards the ground. In honor of Joe's return, Will had let him, John and Sam have control of New Directions for one of their rehearsal slots. She did not like this, as she needed as much time as possible to rehearse her solo for Sectionals and only had one day left to do this. However, Will insisted that they were all ready and they needed a chance to relax.

Shana: This twisted cat and mouse game always starts the same. First we're both down to play then somehow you go astray. We went from nothing to something, liking to loving. It was us against the world and now we just fucking.

Shana was glad to have Joe back. He believed in equality. That plus the fact that Julie wasn't around meant she was actually allowed to sing. She liked hip-hop almost as much country, so this was of course a good day.

Unique: It's like I loved you so much and now I just hate you. Feeling stupid for all the time that I gave you. I wanted all or nothing for us ain't no place in between. Might, might be me believing what you say that you never mean.

Shana kept her eyes away from Unique. She liked her a lot but until the girl was willing to be open about them, she couldn't face her. She understood how hard it was to come out in such a way, but she had more respect for herself than to be in a relationship where her partner was embarrassed or ashamed of her. 

Bree: Like it'll last forever but now forever ain't as long. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be stuck singing this song. You were different from my last but now you got it mirrored. And as it all plays out I see it couldn't be clearer. Now sing.

Amity was sitting with Alex for the first time since getting back together with him. Now that everyone knew, she felt no shame in making faces at him and goofing around as she sang, though part of her focus was also on Joe's return and Bree's reactions to it.

Amity: You used to be thirsty for me. But now you wanna be set free. This is the web, web that you weave. So baby now rest in peace.

Shana: It's all over with now.

Harmony crossed her arms in a dignified matter. The other girls hadn't even bothered to invite her to sing this with them.

Kitty: I'm gonna love ya. Until you hate me

Shana: Right.

Kitty: And I'm gonna show ya

Shana: Show 'em what, show 'em what

Kitty: What's really crazy. You should've known better. Than to mess with me, honey

Shana: It's all over with now

Kitty: I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna love ya. Gonna love ya, gonna love ya. Like a black widow, baby!

The song ended and the guys cheered them on, Harmony clapping weakly for her teammates. "That's just a sample!" Unique exclaimed, absolutely no humility as she grinned.

"That's right!" Kitty added. "If you want the full version it'll cost ya!"

"That was great," Joe said, nodding at them as he took the center of the floor with John and Sam. "Before we let you all go, Harmony had a few words. The floor's yours."

Joe an empty seat in the front row as Sam sat next to Ryder and Stefan. Meanwhile, John took a seat next to Alex. When the latter jokingly put his head on the former's shoulder, Amity made a face and pulled them apart. "Cut it out," she hissed as the two laughed.