Chapter 24: Monster Mash

LIMA, OHIO

[Cue "Monster Mash" by Bobby Pickett. Hehe :)]

Disguised as Dr. Frankenstein, Minnie Mouse, Betty Boop, and a classic, sexy vampire, respectively, Rory, Amity, Harmony and Bree swayed on the stage. Rory had a handheld microphone, while the girls were standing behind him with microphone stands, singing backup for him.

Rory: I was working in the lab, late one night. When my eyes beheld an eerie sight. For my monster from his slab, began to rise. And suddenly to my surprise.

In a spooky deep voice, Rory had fun making faces at the people watching him. He hardly got his spotlight moments in New Directions and was glad to be leading a group number, even if it was for a Halloween song at an event where most people were busy trying to scare each other, playing unfair games for lame prices, or trying 'spooky' food.

Girls: He did the mash

Rory: He did the monster mash

Girls: The monster mash

Rory: It was a graveyard smash

Girls: He did the mash

Rory: It caught on in a flash

Girls: He did the mash

Rory: He did the monster mash

The girls ran v-hands over their eyes, throwing their hands up in the air as they harmonized behind Rory's singing. Amity was trying hard to pretend that there weren't so many people watching her, Harmony forced herself not to do anything that would upstage Rory, who was a surprisingly close friend, and Bree was resisting the urge to go find a dark corner to get high in.

Rory (Girls): From my laboratory in the castle east (ahh ooh). To the master bedroom where the vampires feast (ahh ahh ooh). The ghouls all came from their humble abodes. To get a jolt from my electrodes.

As they sang, the other glee kids either watched or walked around the booths, enjoying the well-planned event as they walked around.

Girls: They did the mash

Rory: They did the monster mash

Girls: The monster mash

Rory: It was a graveyard smash

Girls: They did the mash

Rory: It caught on in a flash

Girls: They did the mash

Rory: They did the monster mash

Almost everyone had made it, from the New Directions to the adults, to their families, and even some of the alumni.

Rory: The zombies were having fun. The party had just begun. The guests included Wolfman, Dracula, and his son. The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds. Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds. The coffin-bangers were about to arrive. With their vocal group, 'The Crypt-Kicker Five.'

"Hey, Little Red," Jake said as he snuck up on Julie's cloaked body. She had been standing far from the stage, next to a Cotton Candy booth where she was singing along to Rory's song and eating what she referred to as a 'sugary cloud of amazing goodness.'

Julie turned around, a smile on her face as soon as she heard Jake's voice, and said, "Hey, Mr. Officer! Here to arrest me?"

She didn't know just how dirty that sounded until he pressed his lips together. Her eyes widened with terror at what she had just said, so he laughed and said, "We'll just pretend that didn't happen."