Chapter 53: Disney 3.0

When Kitty saw Julie on Monday morning, she ran towards her friend and gave her the tightest hug that she could. 

"What's that for?" Julie giggled as she pulled away.

"I missed sleeping on your bed!" she exclaimed. "Saturday night was so weird! And then last night was probably weirder."

Julie smiled and said, "I'm sorry. You'll get used to it."

They began to walk together and Kitty said, "Speaking of not sleeping in your own bed... How did things go with Jake on Saturday? Did you..?"

"No," Julie said, feeling extremely uncomfortable. "We didn't even sleep in the same room. He stayed in the living room when I, uh... I freaked out... I couldn't go through with it."

Kitty frowned, feeling sorry for her friend. "Well," she said, putting an arm around her. "I am proud of you for having the will power to say no."

"Yeah," Julie sighed. "I guess that's a silver lining. I just know he's confused and kind of hurt and I don't want to push him away but... I couldn't do it. I thought I was ready and then it just didn't feel right."

"You did the right thing by stopping it then," Kitty told her, rubbing her back. "Now come on, let's get to glee club and hopefully get your mind off of things."

Julie let her friend lead her into the choir room, where everyone else was already waiting. When she saw Jake sitting and took a seat as far away as possible from him, she said, "I don't think anything could ever distract me from that."

Before Kitty could reassure her, Will walked in looking more content than usual. He headed directly to the whiteboard and wrote down something that made almost everyone gasp or cheer. Disney 3.0.

"O-M-G!" Kitty exclaimed. She turned to Julie, who was debating whether to let herself smile or not, and said, "It's like the universe just wants you to forget about the weekend and move on!"

Julie gave Kitty a look, though she couldn't help laughing and softly clapping her hands together. "That's right," Will chuckled at their enthusiasm. "It is once again time for us to revisit the Disney classics and maybe add in some new Disney... Because this week, your assignment is to tell a tale through a tall, tall tale."

"Huh?" Shana said, lost as she turned to Unique for an explanation.

"I expect to see a few numbers soon!" Will exclaimed before dismissing them.

***

"Hey," Peyton said, tapping lightly on Dan's shoulder. He turned around half-expecting the wrestlers, who had returned, to be there for him. Seeing that he was startled, Peyton said, "Sorry... Should've known you'd be on edge."

"It's ok," he shook his head as he took a moment to calm down. "It's not your fault."

"I'm glad you're freaked out because it'll make it easier to convince you to help me with the Paper View," she told him. 

Dan sighed, "I already told your friend that I'd see if Alex would consider doing an interview but—"

"No, I meant you," Peyton stopped him. She sheepishly smiled as she said, "Your songs in the courtyard last week were both really awesome and, uh... It could really help you get some popularity points if you had the Cheerios basically endorsing you."

"I don't want popularity," he told her.

"But you do want those wrestlers to leave you alone for good, don't you?" she asked. "I can help you get that..."

Dan looked around and spotted a few of those jerks at the end of the hall, looking over and laughing at something, probably him. He turned back to Peyton and said, "Well, what would I have to do?"