Chapter 20:Magic Glove

After a few weeks,my first invention in this world has finally done!!Although its just a prototype.Marie also did helped me about magic and she even teaches me more about magic in this world.I feel grateful to her.Someday I will make something to her.

Much less,my invention is still secret to others.Marie may have helped me but she still clueless about the thing Im planning to made.

The invention Im making is a pair of gloves that can emit magic.Marie had explain to me about magic stones,which embedded in monster body,and will dropped out once it is defeated.Magic stones,rely on types of monster,contain magic power that can be used as material and power source.It said that long time ago a mage defeated a legendary dragon and its magic stone were used to power up this kingdom.

In my free time,I would go out to the forest to hunt down monster.If I remembered I still got the chimera's magic stones in my inventory.I did encounter some high-ranked monster too.I did experiment on the magic stone first,to collect information,although there was so many explosion and failure.

I then know that the magic power in magic stone can be transferred.Using the transfer magic circle I draw,the magic power can be transferred to another magic stone,resulting in the magic stone exploded because overloaded.My chimera's magic stone didnt have much time too where someday it will lose it power.Which I counted that it has a magic power last for few month.So I need a kind of infinite magic.

So I constructed my invention into the shape of gloves.It did resemble my work gloves,but a bit different since it is designed for combat.The chimera's magic stone were crystallized and inserted into the gloves,as a liquid.I call it magic liquid.This magic liquid will flowing through my gloves which protected by titanium-tungsten alloy,a material that doesnt exist in this world.

Actually,I happened to found that material in my virtual vault.

The function of this gloves,yup,is to produce magic.

The magic liquid in it can copy magic.Its not copy,its like I can insert 'program' about magic into it,and it can release the magic according the 'program'.

I call it magic power gloves.Wait, its too long.Seriously my naming sense is very bad so I dont know what name is suitable.

Well,right now its a prototype so lets call it Magic Gloves(Shin version).

----------------------------------------

Im now at the forest,far away from city and tow.It was a stranded land filled with grass and trees.Perfect place for my test run.

Ive prepared some magic spells for the test.The method of transferring is easy.Before this,I did make a magic tablet that can transfer magic easily,without drawing magic circle.All I need to do is write the chant on magic tablet and install it into the gloves.This tablet is also connected directly to Nex,which she can detect the magic.

I dont know how but since arrived in this world Nex can detect magic.

I installed the magic and wear the gloves on both of my hands.

At my lens,list of magic that has been installed appeared.Right now I had a total of three magic,which is Fire Magic----Fireball,Wind Magic----Twister and Wind Magic----Float.All of this is Elementary-grade magic,which my students already mastered it.

So,now how to invoke it.

Lets choose Fireball first.

I chose fireball and my gloves emitted an orange mana.Wow,I can feel mana!My hand is emitting fire!Its magic! I can use magic!

Wait,why does it feel so hot?

A fire appeared on my hand.Ah!Its hot!Cancel it!Cancel it!

The magic gloves stopped operating Fireball.Why does there isnt any fireball appeared?Why does its only fire appeared?

So I need to control it first.The fireball wont appear if there is no concentration.Damn,even after I make this masterpiece,concentration is still needed.Well,what can I say,its magic after all.

I selected Fireball again.

The gloves were in fire again.I endured the heat and concentrate on imagining a fireball in my hand.The fire then moved into my palm and form a ball.It was a size of tennis ball.I then shoot it toward a tree.The fireball explode when collide with the tree,leaving burn marks.

It was success!!!I can use magic!

Wait,wait.Cant rejoice now,since its just a first try.I need to collect more information,for a more revamped version.

------------------------------- 

The sun has been set,and here I am still tetsing my new invention.After completed last test,I rested my body on the tree,panting.

It was tough.There was still some bugging happen,where my gloves didnt do as the program says.But it was resolved in due time.And there was many problem thing that need to improve.

First,my own safety.When invoking Fireball earlier,my hand did injured a bit because of its heat.The titanium-tungsten alloy did provide protection,but it was for outside,not inside.My own hand might burned first before invoking the magic.

Second,the reaction rate of magic liquid are still low.It takes at least five minutes to completely invoke the magic.In combat,five minutes is considered long.You might die before that.

Third,the storage of magic liquid.Just having this three magic,it had eaten almost half of its storage.What will happen if a military-grade magic were installed?Yep,my mind just thinking it might explode.

I sighed after thinking all of this problem.

I packed my things and prepared to go back to academy.By the way,its been a while since I meet those kids in the orphanage.

Well,there is few months left before a long holiday.Maybe I will go back with Alice.

Now,lets go back and make improvements!