Chapter Two

𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴!

Here comes chapter two of Unbreakable Bond

Enjoy! ☺️

______________________________________

"ARE YOU serious? You are really pregnant?" Tobi, Toun's best friend and roommate asked.

Toun who sat on her bed, nodded nonchalantly. "Yes. That was the result of the test results," she answered her friend.

She had gone for the test as her boyfriend advised and it turned out she was three weeks and four days pregnant. She was surprised because she was never expecting that but at the same time she was glad about it - a reason she still can't say why.

"Oh, my God! Toun!" Tobi exclaimed, feeling uneasy. "what are you going to do about it?" she asked with sincere concern for her friend.

Toun shrugged, although she was wondering why her best friend was worried about the pregnancy.

"There is nothing to do. Just tell the father and plan how I will take care of my child."

"You are not worried?" Tobi asked again, surprised by her friend's nonchalant response.

"No," Toun retorted. "What should I be worried about? It's supposed to be a good news," Toun stated, rolling her eyes as she placed her legs on the other as she sat on the bed.

Tobi shook her head, amazed at her friend's reaction.

"Nathaniel is the father of the child, right?"

"Of course," Toun responded, rolling her eyes at her friend's question.

She found it funny and ridiculous. Her friend knew that she had been dating Nathaniel since their first year in the school and she had not been with anyone except him.

She actually remembered the event that led to the pregnancy. She didn't put much thought into it at the time until now. They always used protection when they made love but that particular day after one of his concerts, they made love without protection.

It wasn't Nathaniel's fault. It was hers. She had stopped taking her pills because she was getting side effects from them and she planned to change the prescription. But she didn't tell her boyfriend. And also that particular day, they were both horny in that situation, they couldn't control their hormones.

Not like she regretted it or hated the pregnancy. In a kind of way, she couldn't explain it, she loved it. She was glad it happened.

Tobi sighed, dropping the test result paper on the reading table beside her. Then she said to her friend.

"I know one thing for sure, Nathaniel loves you and I am confident he will accept your unborn child. But the question is will your parents accept him and the child?" Tobi asked the main question that had been on her mind.

That was the major reason why she was concerned about Toun's pregnancy. Not that she wasn't happy for her friend, but as her best friend and knowing everything that was going on in her life, she knew about the hindrance in her friend's relationship.

Toun suddenly stopped what she was reading as her heart skipped a bit at her friend's question.

She had been trying not to think about that question ever since she found out that she was pregnant, but she couldn't help but do so.

She eventually waved the thought off as she was consumed with the joy of being pregnant with a child for the love of her life.

But now that her best friend asked again, the realization hit her. And it brought a heavy weight of burden on her chest.