Chapter Twenty Seven

"The food is wonderful mom." Isabella commented. She dig a spoon full of the food in mouth.

"Yeah mom. You should always do the cooking. I love the Nigeria dishes better." Damilare said.

"Your mom is a great cook." Japheth said smiling at his wife.

" Thanks. I'm glad you like the food." Toun said sincerely. She smile proudly at her children as they savour the food then she look at Japheth. She smile curtly at him. He was beaming.

"When do you say Hope is returning from practice?" Japheth asked not asking anyone in particular.

"Eight." Isabella replied absent-minded.

Toun and Japheth turn to look at the wall clock. It was almost eight. Japheth saw the worries in her eyes.

"He will be back." He assured her. She said nothing but smile nodding. "He won't want to miss his mom meal."

The door bell rings.

"That should be your brother." Toun said to the kids.

"You should go Isabel." Damilare said to his sister.

"No, you should go." She said back to him.

"Dammy go open the door." Japheth order his son.

He roll his eyes and he hit his sister on her arm playfully. She pull her tongue out at him.

He scoff and went to the door. He returned with his elder brother Hope.

"Good evening." He greeted.

"Evening." Japheth replied. "How was practice?"

"Fine dad. Hi mom." He went to her seat. He peck her on the cheek. "I'm so hungry."

"I know you are." She smile. "Welcome."

"Thanks." He appreciated without looking at her. He put down his guitar and he sat beside Isabella, his sister.

"Hi brother. How is Mr hot?" She asked.

"He's my friend isabel and he is older than you." Hope said as he watch his mother put his food into his plate.

"Here, eat up." Toun said to him.

He took the plate gratefully and began to eat.

After she gave birth to the child she was carrying. Her child with Nathaniel which turn out to be a boy. She named him Hope - because she hope he could remind her of the love of her life. She hope to see her  family again.

Her father was never happy with the child and he barely look at him. Her mother moved over it and she accept the boy as her grandchild.

She visited from time to time to see her grandchild.

Eunice grew jealous that their mother attention was now on her child but she never said it to her face to face.

A year later, she was introduced to Japheth by her father. He was the first to visit her except from phoebe and her family.

He was her father best friend and  business partner son. He was born and raise in the country. Her father love him like a son and he help her father to manage his company in the country.

He was the first person to visit her. She was glad to see a different face the day he visited.

Her father had refused to let her have her freedom. Every thing she needed was provided by him and they were maids to do the different house chores and to help take care of her son.