Chapter Thirteen

Toun and her sister Eunice stared at each for a while before Eunice lips curved into a smile. It was a kind of smile that was very rare to see on Eunice to her sister.

She heard her secretary said something quietly before she left the office and that was when she looked away from her sister.

"Eunice! How do you... How do you know where I work and what are you doing here?" Was Toun first question. No hint of emotion in her voice. There was no denying that she wasn't happy to see her sister.

"Common sister, Toun is that how you will greet your sister whom you've not seen in almost a year and half." She said throwing her hands dramatically.

Toun simply shrugged. She wasn't expecting her sister. Not in a million years did she expect to see her sister in her office.

"Well, I got my way of doing things. How have you been?" She said very concern and sincere.

Toun looked up at her. Eunice was hardly emotional towards her. She cares little about her. Their relationship wasn't the kind she wish for any two sisters.

They were never close. Right since they were little, they never agreed to something ever. They were ice and fire. They argue about everything and nothing. They were complete opposite in almost everything.

"I'm great." She replied casually. And to be a good caring sister, she stood up from her desk, walked over to her and embraced her. Eunice was caught by surprise at first but she finally relaxed with a smirk on her face.  "Sorry, I never call to check on you."

"It's okay. It's understandable. Not like we were very close." Eunice said flatly.

Toun said nothing in reply to that. It was also the truth. And she don't have to disagree. She went back to her seat and Eunice took a seat opposite her. She noticed her look around the office. It was obvious she wasn't so pleased with it. She knows how Eunice thinks and her kind of taste. Not like she would ever sit in an office. Her result were bought for her. She never worked for it since she failed in most of her courses.

But Toun doesn't seem to care. They never like the same thing from the very beginning. Her food is Eunice poison and vice versa and they are used to that already.

"Your office is very nice." Eunice spoke up breaking the silence. She was half sincere about it but Toun gave a small smile in reply.  "This has always been your dream. Becoming a lawyer and having an office of your own. Glad you made it sis."

"Thanks." She appreciated with a small nod.

"I saw some hot guys while coming in. Have any of them ask you out?" She said in that familiar tone whenever she and her friend are discussing something nasty.

Toun rolled her eyes. She don't think there is any discussion ever where Eunice won't mention guys name or something related to it.

"What?! And no." Toun exclaimed exasperated.

"Are you kidding me sister Toun? Do you want to tell me those hot guys are not drooling over you? They look rich. And you are a beautiful excellent lawyer with a very wealthy father. No man won't want that. Forget the fact you're a lawyer and dad is wealthy. Sis you're dripping hot and beautiful. Don't tell those guys won't want to try their luck." Eunice said dramatically.

Toun listened to her with a frown masked on her face as she says her usual nonsense. That is one of the reasons they were never close. They have two completely different lifestyle and thoughts.

"Well, there can't because I am married. I'm a married woman and there are not blind." She said showing her the finger with her ring. It was a golden ring with little diamond on it.