Chapter Forty One

"Toun, is this really you?" Tobi, Nancy's mother said to her long time best friend.

Toun nodded as tears begins to form a path down her cheeks.

"It's me Oluwatobiloba. I am really the one." Toun answered.

Tobi quickly embrace her and the two women weep at their reunion. They were like that crying in each other arms for what seems like an hour.

They told the children who were perplexed to know their mothers knew each other and the emotional moments between them about their past relationships.

Toun had to use her drugs and had to return to bed because of her symptoms.

"I'm sorry." Tobi said to Toun who was sitting on the bed. She is now weak and more pale than she was hour ago.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault. It's not anyone fault. I should be sorry that you have to me like this." Toun said.

Tobi shakes her head. "Of course not. You never wanted it this way. No one does. But don't worry I'm here now."

"You always have been. I have never for once forget all those things you did for me in the past."

"Me too." Tobi said. "I've missed you terribly."

Toun smile weakly. "Me too." Her eyes were now becoming deem because of the drug which had begin to have effect.

Tobi notice it. "You should rest now Toun. I will wait till you wake up."

"It might take long. The drug makes me sleep for a long time so i could rest." Toun said.

Tobi smile sadly. "I know. If you didn't wake up on time, i will come back tomorrow. Very early tomorrow."

She nods. "We have a lot of catching up to do. It's been so long."

"Yes it is." Tobi said smiling with her eyes glassy with tears. "I have a lot of things to tell you and i know you also do. Just rest and we will talk tomorrow."

"Alright." She agreed. She begins to lay down on the bed. Tobi stood up to help her and she tugs her in, covering her with the white wrapper on the bed.

It didn't take long before she close her eyes and sleep.

Tobi sat on the small chair beside her bed looking at her. Tears roll down her face as she look at how lean her friend had become.

She remember the Toun that was her best friend, a beautiful young mother and a lawyer. The healthy and glowing Toun and to the Toun laying peacefully on the bed in front of her. She is so pitiful. The once beautiful and ever smiling Toun. The cancer had done alot to weakened her.

She wiped the tears in her eyes away and she leave the room taking one last look at her friend before closing the door quietly behind her.

****

Toun wakes up the next day looking stronger and radiant than the other day. She wake up early to cook breakfast for her husband and children. They were surprised to see her moving round the house, ordering the house help on what to do with so much energy.

"Mom are you okay?" Dammy asked looking at her like she is mad.

"I am more than okay." She answered.

"You should be in bed resting mom." Isabella said concernly.

"I have been resting. I feel happy and full of energy today. So let me use it." She said.

"If you say so. But be careful." Japheth said to her. And she nodded with a broad smile.

"Nancy and her mom will be coming today." Hope said smiling inwardly to himself as they settle to eat.