Chapter Twenty One

A young lady opened the door to a room and she walked in carrying a tray containing food and a bottle of water. She closed the door quietly behind her and looked at the lady on the bed.

It's been a month that she had been there but she hasn't accept her fate. She doesn't know what to do to make her understand the situation. She wasn't looking good at her.

Her eyes were swollen, withdrawn, distant and very sad. Her body was fragile from starvation. She had refused to eat.

"Here is your food. I brought you something different. You have to eat." She said dropping the tray of food on the little table in the room.

"I'm not eating until you tell me where I am and who brought me here." Toun said to the lady.

The lady looked frustrated. She had told her again and again that she have no right to tell her anything. But she had been asking the same question over and over and it was getting frustrating.

She was payed an huge amount of money ti take care if ber and ensure that she is kept in a good shape but she isn't helping her at all. She isn't helping the situation. She wondered what will happen if her boss know she was in such a situation.

"I'm tired of all this. I told you, you will know who brought you here soon. My job is to take care of you. So please, stop asking me that question and eat something. You need to."

"I don't wa t to eat. I'm not going to eat  unless I get an answer. I want to leave here." Toun was adamant.

"You know that is impossible. You can't." She answered her.

"Then leave with your food."

"You have to take something."

"And if I don't?" Toun asked angrily. "Will you drug me again?"

She had been locked up for days. She have no access to know the time or what day. And there was no window in the room she was. All she knows was that, the place was different. The air was different and the lady taking care of her might be right. She might be far away from home.

She haven't seen the sunlight in days. The only human she see is the lady before her. The African lady who happens to be a nurse. She talked less to her. Most times she just came in drop her fiid and water and clothes to wear and leave. Or she to check on her every half an hour and to check her vitals. Anytime she tries to go berserk and force her way out she drug her with a sleeping pill which make her numb for a long time whenever she woke up.

It was surprising that she was talking a little bit more to her. Probably because she was concerned about her job. She knew she had been cooperative to her. But how could she?

She looked hurt at Toun question but Toun face remains impassive.

"I don't enjoy doing it. You force me to. It's my job to keep you safe." She replied her.

"I won't try to run away if I know where I am and what I am doing here. I jabe to leave here. I babe people waiting for me. But I am locked in a room with no sunlight or window or anh other living soul." Toun yelled at her.

The nurse looked at her and sighed. Then she looked af two corners in the room. Toun followed her gaze and she couldn't see what she was looking at. But then something caught her eyes.

The room has surveillance cameras.

The nurse moved closer to her and she said quietly. "I'm not the only one watching you. They are watching both of us."

"Who is they?" Toun asked.

"You ask too many questions. I can't answer that. I jave instructions in which I have to follow. So I habe mo choice but to drug you when you misbehave." She told her. Then she moved back from her and said in her normal tone. "You should eat. You're not looking good."