Chapter Twenty Eight

Toun stood from her writing table. She stretched her arms and back. She had been writing for almost eleven hours. She turn off the light in the room and walk to her bedroom.

She open the door quietly not to wake Japheth. She enter the room and she change quitely into her night gown.

She climb onto the bed and Japheth roll and then open his eyes.

"Hey" He said sleepily. "Are you just coming to bed."

"Yes." She replied. "Go back to sleep."

He nodded. "Toun." She turn to look at his sleepy eyes. "I forgot to tell you, daddy will be returning this weekend."

She was not happy with the news but she nodded because there is nothing she could do.

Her father can't call her because he knew how she will react. And they were not on good terms.

"Okay. Is mom coming along?"

"I don't know." He answered.

"Okay. You should sleep, you have a long day tomorrow." She advised him.

Without saying another word, he went back to sleep.

Toun lay down for an hour thinking about her father arrival that week.

She forget about her problems and how she misses the family she was taken from. He remind her of everything he take away from her. The love of her life, her first child, her profession and mostly her freedom. Because he monitor her. All the workers in the house are always watching her. There is surveillance camera in every part of the house.

Even if Japheth was not happy with her been deprived of her freedom, there was nothing he could do. He made a deal with her father when her want to marry her. He was the reason why he was able to marry her. He also knew her heart wasn't completely his.

She might try to pretend and act like everything was okay and she move on. But not to her father, he could read her. He knew when she was sincere and when she was pretending.

It was another episode of drama when he is around. He complained if things are not done in the way it pleases him.

She doze off to sleep.

*******

Annabella sat in front of the bar attendant in the club Mia, her best friend brought her to two weeks ago. She had grown fond of the place and she comes almost everyday since her father was on a business trip. It was an opportunity for her to visit the place because when her father return, her movement at night will be minimal or restricted.

She was drinking and at the same time talking to the female attendant that had become her friend in the short while she had been coming to the club.

"I will be back." The lady said to Annabella and she went away.

She sat alone. Her best friend came with her boyfriend Rick. And she had given them space. She don't need to be reminded that she don't have a boyfriend.

"Hi can i buy you a drink?" Someone said beside her. She turn around and look at the handsome face smiling beside her.

He was white with his very dark hair, He has a pointed nose with a blue eyes that look like the colour of the sea. It was charming and she could not resist looking at them. He have a perfect chin with high cheek bone which  make him more good looking. But he wasn't only good looking, he was handsome! 

He smiles which make her heart beat faster. Why does he look so familiar? She thought.

"Hi." He said again still smiling. She quickly look away and shrug. "Do you mind if i buy you a drink?" She said nothing but shrug.

He called the attendant and he ask for two bottles of drink.

"Thanks. I don't know.... I've we meet before." Annabella asked.

"No." He replied. "Why?"

She shrug again "You look familiar."

"I am." He said drinking from his glass.

He look so cute drinking that way but he had a little decency she can't explain.

"I think half of the people here knows me. Are you new here?"

"Somehow."

He nodded. "I'm Anderson. You can call me Andre."

She look at him again. She was about to say something when Mia came shaking her from the back. She stop abruptly and she open her eyes wide at Andre.

"It can't be. Are you not.....?" She couldn't finish.

Andre smile and Anna look at her friend exasperated.

"What is it Mia? Where is Rick?"

"Are you dumb? Don't you know who he is?" Mia said still looking at him. "He is Andre."

"I know that." Anna replied. Mia slap her hard on the arm and turn to look at her.

"Hey." Anna said rubbing the part she was slapped.

"He is the lead singer of the club band Ady." Mia said almost in a whisper and Anna look at Andre who had been staring at the two friends.

"That's..." She paused then she open her eyes wide as she remember. "Oh my God!"

Mia roll her eyes.

"Hi, it's nice meeting you. I'm Mia. I'm a big fan of you." She said with her hand stretch out. He look at Anna and then took her hand.

"Thanks." He appreciated.

"She is my best friend." Mia said.

"Oh!" He exclaimed.

"Andre." Someone shouted in the crowd. He turn and look at the direction where the voice came from.

"That's my friends. I need to leave." He said.

"Oh! Are you not going to sing today?" Mia asked with surprise and disappointment in her voice.

He shake his head. "No." He replied. He turn to Anna who had been quiet.
"See you around. And welcome to the club."

"Thanks." Anna said. "And thanks for the drink. It's a surprise seeing you up close. Its a pleasure."

"Thanks. But you still owe me your name." He said hopefully.

She smile and she stretched her hand "I'm Annabella."

"Annabella. It a beautiful name. See you around Annabella and Mia."

"Yeah. See you Andre." Mia said excited. Anna wonder why she was excited.

"Bye." Anna said with a small smile. He seem to like her smiling because he grin, nodded and walk away into the crowd.

"Bes, i think Andre likes you." Mia said immediately he was gone.

"Common Mia, stop exaggerating." She finish her drink. "Where is Rick? I think we should leave."

"I'll go look for him." She said.

"I'll wait for you outside." She said standing from her seat. Mia nodded and disappear into the crowd.

She find her way out of the club from the growing crowd.