Chapter Thirty Seven

Julia sat with Nathaniel and his family. She also came with her son that had reluctantly came with her. Nathaniel had told her earlier that week that his mother will love her to join them for dinner in their home.

Even if she was curious to know why the woman had wanted to see her despite they didn't know each other, She was happy for the invitation and she accepted.

Nathaniel mother turn out to be a very kind and simple woman. She was also beautiful and look quite younger than her age. She was shocked to see she was cripple and was on a wheelchair.

Mrs Allyson welcome her and her son with open arms.

After the little introduction, they sat in the table to eat the foods Mrs Allyson had prepared herself for the dinner.

She admit the woman was a great cook and she thought Nathaniel was lucky to have her.

"Adrian, how are you coping with school?" Mrs Allyson asked with a smile.

"It's okay." He replied. The boy was handsome and look quite older than his age but he is shy.

"That's good to know. Are you enjoying the meal?" She asked.

They had been talking for a while now and they leave him with his meal. So She didn't want him to feel like a stranger among them.

"It's nice Mrs Allyson." He said. He can't pronounce their surname properly so she asked him to call her by her maiden name.

She smile at him and for the first time, he smile back shyly. Julia smile happily seeing her son smile among people he wasn't related to. He had always been that way. He don't like associating with people and some people call him weird. But she know he wasn't. He was just one of those children that is a victim of broken marriage.

"What do you love doing?" Anna asked seeing that the boy was letting his guard down and begin to warm up to them.

He shrug and answer "Computers. I love working on computer. They are amazing machines."

"Yes. Adrian is a genius with computers. He always love them." Julia said smiling proudly at him. He smiles back.

"That's good Adrian. Keep it up." Nathaniel encourage.

"Thanks." He appreciated nodding at Nathaniel.

They talk about other things before they say good night. Nathaniel walk Julia and her son to her car.

"Thanks for today. I enjoy the dinner. Your family are great." She said sincerely.

"I'm glad you enjoy it." He said and embrace her. "Bye."

"Bye" She said after giving him a kiss.

She turn around to the driver seat. She climb into the car and wear her seat belt. She wave at him and she start the engine.

"Bye Adrian"

"Bye." He answered raising his head from his phone to look at him.

Julia look at him for the last time grinning and she drove out of the park.

"Do you enjoy the night?" She asked her son as she drive down the seat.

"Yes." He said after a while. "They are nice people. I don't know Africans are so nice."

"They are." Julia said to him.

"I guess they are. You love him don't you?"

"Yes" She answered him honestly.

"I think he is good. I like him. I think i like his family." Adrian said.

Julia smile at her self. She was more than relief to know her son like Nathaniel for her.