Chapter Nine

Annabelle arrive from school to see her grandmother watching a TV program. She smiled broadly when she approach her.

"Oh look who is here?" She said and the little girl kneel to greet her. She replied and pull her to an embrace. "How was school today?"

"It was fine. Grandma where is aunty Blessing and dad?" She asked curiously for her nanny and father.

"Aunty Blessing has gone home for the weekend and your dad is in his room." She answered.

"Okay grandma i will go and see daddy." She told her happily.

"But first, you should go and pull off your uniform and take a shower. " She warned. Her countenance changed.

"I will do that after i talk to daddy." She whine.

"No. You do that now if you don't want grandma to punish you. Okay?"

"Alright grandma" She reluctantly agreed.

Annabelle did as her grandmother instructed quickly and she took her assignment from her bag to her father room. The door was open so she didn't knock but walk in.

Nathaniel was sitting on his reading chair with his laptop and lot of papers on the table.

"Daddy. " She shouted running toward him waking him from his thoughts.

"Oh dear, i didn't know you are back. " He said embracing her tightly.

"Dad, are you okay?" She asked when  he let her go.

"Yes i am. How was school and your friends?" He asked sincerely concern.

"They are good." She answered. "Dad i want you to teach me how to play the guitar."

He was touched that his daughter was beginning to have interest in his talent.

"I thought you want to learn how to play the piano."

"Yes. I want to learn to play the guitar also. Mommy said if I'm seven i will start attending a music school to learn the piano."

"That's good to know. I will start teaching you the guitar." He said proudly and the girl jump in joy.

****
Nathaniel began to teach his daughter how to play the guitar. The little girl was impressive and a good student. He was so proud of the young girl and for the first time in a long time he felt relaxed. He was also happy.

Although, he only teaches her in the afternoon when she returns from school but he was always looking forward to teach her and it took every worries away.

He had been worried about the meeting Toun was going to be having with her father that weekend.

He really wish the man could accept him for his daughter. He loves her and he is ready to get married to her immediately if possible but he wish to earn their permission. It would mean a lot to him.

****

After her work that day at the office, Toun decided to take a local flight to Abuja. It was more faster since she was tired of going to board a bus which will be hectic and slow.

She got to her parents apartment - their mansion. Her mother driver have come to pick her up at the airport.

Although it was faster and save her strength and money but she wonder why her parents still pamper her and she was glad they were far from where she lives. She thought of how it would feel if she was still living with them. She was glad she was not living with them or close to them. She would have turn out like her younger sister who was spoiled rotten by their parents.

She has heard of her rude behavior and how she humiliate people who aren't up to her standards. She had always know her sister was going to turn out like their grandmother who was very proud and have no respect for no one. And she blame her parents for such character. They never scold her and that was why they were never close since they were little even up till the present.

"Oh my dear, it been so long." Mrs Mopelola, her mother said as she embrace her tighly and she felt like she could not breathe.

"I miss you too. " Toun said hoping she will let go but she wasn't. "Mom I'm going to die"

Thankfully, she understands and she free her. "What kind of nonsense is that? You are not going to die. "

"I was just joking. " Toun said with a smile.

"I'm so glad that you came. You just decide to stay in Ibadan running away from me and your dad." She complained.

"I didn't run away. I have a new life in Ibadan and I love it there. Moreover i have a great job there." She shrug innocently.

"You know your dad can get you a job here." She said. She knew where she was heading. It has been so long since she last seen her parents and she was not ready to start with an argument. Her father won't be glad about it. Neither will she.

"Mom get over it, I'm no longer a kid. I am perfectly fine." She said. "Mom i am famished. I want something to eat unless you want me to die."

"God forbid. Go upstairs and greet your dad. I will let the cook prepare what you will eat."

Toun nodded. Her mother left in the direction of the kitchen. She miss her home so much and she breath in the smell of the familiar home she knew and grew up in.

Her parents had moved to the mansion when she was twelve and her sister seven. She had a lot of memories in this house but she can't stay under the wing of her parents forever.

She stood and walk up the stairs to her father office. He was on a business call sitting behind his desk in the usual style.

He never change. She thought.

He was looking serious as he usually was when he was talking or doing business. A lot of people get intimidated by him and she wish she could adore him but she never did. She didn't know why she felt that way. He was her father and he was a great man. He gave her everything a girl could ever want. But she never love his lifestyle.

And whenever she step into this room. She suddenly dislike her father. Maybe because he got the scariest look on him when ever he was there or because it was another world or shield he run to to avoid his family.

This room meant great things for him and when ever he is home, he spend most of his time in the room.

"Hi dad" She said almost in a whisper.
But he heard her and his head jerk toward the door post where she was standing.

She had learn from experience not to enter into the room without his permission.

And he did suddenly something he never before.

****

Guess what he did.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to tap that little star below. Love 😍 😍 😍 😍 you.