Chapter Thirty One

"You shouldn't have talk to your father that way. You embarrassed him in front of your family." Mrs Mopelola said to her daughter. "You should apologize."

"I will apologize for nothing. Because i don't regret any thing i said to him and nothing you say will change that."

"You are not like this. I don't remember you to be disrespectful. I did not..."

Toun cut her short. "Don't you ever say that again."

"Toun! Watch what you say to me and your father. You're here today because of us."

She chuckles lightly. "I guess you are right. I'm here in the place i never wanted to be, living a life of hostage because of both of you."

"Toun!"

"Listen mom, don't let me lose the last respect i have for you. This is my home, my children and i can do whatever pleases me. Just like i told dad, none of you will ever control my kids not while i am alive. I'm never going to be like you. You watch your husband control every decision you made. You let him take away my freedom, my life, my job, my family. You watch him control everything in my life even if you knew it was wrong. You supported him blindly. You ruin Eunice life because you never scold her. She don't have a certificate nor a good job. She don't have a permanent spouse. And you are here telling me what to do as a mother. You are not a mother. And i am not sorry to say it, i regret you are my mother. You couldn't stand up for your children. So don't tell me what to do with my children. You've trained your children the way it pleases you, let do what please me with my children. So let it be the last time YOU and that man that call himself my father tries to take charge over my children. " She said firmly to her mother.

She saw her eyes become watery with tears that threatened to fall. She stood motionless and shock at everything she heard from her. But she had stop caring about her and her family long ago. She don't care how they feel and she won't be quiet with how she feels anymore. It's time they get it from her.

She is tired of been push around and pretending to be okay. They don't deserve peace and joy because they took hers from her years ago when she was taken away from Nathaniel and Annabella.

"I need to write and i hate distraction. You know your way out." She said coldly to her mother.

She wipe the tears that was now flowing from her eyes with her handkerchief and nodded slowly. Then she turn around and walk out of the room.

Toun sigh with anger and she turn to the books on the table.

******

Hope sat with his mother on the bed. She was typing on her laptop that was on her lap.

"Do you have something to say?" She asked. "You didn't come to give me milk only right?"

He nodded in agreement. " Mom, I'm sorry you have to talk back at grandpa because of me."

"Don't be silly Hope. I did not regret anything and you should not. They should not support every thing you do. Your father loves it and i do too. It's what your heart want and they don't have any right to stop you from doing it."

"Thanks mom. I love you."

"I love you too. So don't worry about anything. I'm here for you." She said rubbing his hands. She smiled brightly at him

"Thanks." He said grinning at her.

*****

"What's wrong?"Mr Joseph asked his wife when he enter the room given to them by their son in law and daughter. She was crying profusely.