Chapter Thirty Five

Nathaniel walk into his home. He saw his daughter sitting beside his mother talking happily to her. Her guitar was laying on the other side of her on the sofa.

He smile just looking at her. He was so proud of her. His mother had once told him how lucky they were to have her in their life.

He never regrets accepting the child. She was everything he ever hope for and if she was the only child he will ever have, he was more than satisfied and happy with it.

He walk up to them. "What are the women in my life talking about?"

"Hi dad." Anna said standing to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi. How was your day?" He asked.

"Great." She replied.

"I see." He said with a broad smile. "Good evening mom."

"Good evening. How was work today?" She asked.

He nodded and took a seat opposite them. "Fine." He pull off his blazer and Anna took it from him.

"Do you go out after work?" Anna asked her father narrowing her eyes at him.

"Yes." He won't lie to his family except it was important but such a thing have never happen and he hope it would never happen.

"I went on a date with Julia."

Anna smile down at him. "That's wonderful dad."

"And who is this Julia? I think i should know her too. Have you seen her before?" Mrs Allyson asked her granddaughter.

She replied with a nod. "A couple of time. Yes. She is a beautiful woman and very fashionable."

"Uhm!" Mrs Allyson nodded. "Then i will be happy to meet her. Why don't she join us for dinner on Friday."

Anna smile in support nodding at her father. He look surprise that his mother want Julia to come over.

"Are you sure mom?"

"More than sure" She answered.

"I heard she have a son." Anna said more of a question than statement.

"A son?" Mrs Allyson asked.

"Yes. Julia have an eighteen year old son." Nathaniel said.

"That's not a problem. She can bring her son along."

"Yes." Anna said.

"Alright. I will tell her."

"So that is settled. Anna, go set the table for your father." She nodded and she stood and walk to the direction of the kitchen. "Now, it me and you." Mrs Allyson said to her son. " Let's talk."

*****

Its been a month since Toun and her family move back to Nigeria. And in the few days that they arrived, the family saw a different side of Toun. The part they have never witness.

She became her usual self. The part of her before her father take her as hostage for marrying Nathaniel. The side of her non of them knew about her.

She became free, laugh much than before. She doesn't seem to be lost in thought or sat on her reading table writing sad poems and stories.

She hadn't write since she returned. She was happy to return to a house where all that she does was not been monitored. She felt free in her house because no one was watching her or want her to sit idle and never want her to work in the house. because back in Australia in her father mansion, there was maids and keepers that do all the works and they always refuse to let her do any work which could have make her busy and forget her worries because that was what they are been paid to do. And her father would have discipline them hardly if he had found out.