Chapter Eleven

Toun sat on her bed looking at empty space. She had wished her parents would be able to accept the news but her worst fear has happen. She don't know how she was going to tell the news to Nathaniel. He will be heartbroken. She don't want to add to his present predicament.

All she can do is hope and pray that her parents would have a change of mind the next day. But it's like wishing for the impossible.

While still deep in thought, she dooze off into sleep.

*****

Nathaniel could not stop worrying since Toun called him that she has arrive at the airport. She hasn't call him since then and that has increase his worries.

He prayed so hard that the Adeyemi's will agree to let him marry their daugher. He is tired of their long distance relationship. He wants them to be together without anyone or anything in their way.

*****

Toun woke up late in the morning. She had missed sleeping on her own bed and it was nice to be alone with no disturbance and luckily it was a weekend.

She rose and walked to the bathroom to take her bath and then she changed into the jeans and pink blouse she bought with her.

She remembered the previous day event and it hurt to know her parents won't accept her heart desires. She went down stairs in a hope that her parents might have thought about her request over the night.

But when she got down to her parents sitting room, it doesn't look like God had answered her prayer.

"Good morning daddy. Good morning mom." She greeted both her parents.

Her father groaned a reply meaning he was still angry but trying to hold it back. But her mother answered even if it was not the usual way she greet her.

"Good morning. Do you sleep well?" She asked. She answered with a nod.

They did not talk about their discussion of the previous night until she bought it up.

"Dad about last night. We need to talk about it." She said quietly.

"There is nothing to talk about Toun. My answer is final. You are not getting married to that man, not when I'm still alive." Her father said with so much authority.

"But dad, that is what I want. I want Nathaniel. He is the man I want. The man that my heart desires. Can't you want that for me?" She asked.

"We don't hate you my dear, we are doing it for your good. That man has nothing to offer you. He is just after your money." Her mother said.

She shake her head in disagreement. "You don't know him mom. Nathaniel is not that kind of person. He is a good man. He loves me and I love him the same. Please."

"You are just blinded dear. He can't give you what you deserve. With time you will realize that we are right. He is not worth you. He is nit the right man for you."

"He is mom. Yiu don't know him." She said ti them. "Yiu don't know him and yiu don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt. You won't even give him a chance. He is a goof man. He is half the man any guy out there. He cares about me, my feelings, he love me wholeheartedly. He have never chested on me. He is very faithful and humble. What else do you want me to have in man. He is the right man for me. I love him and you can't change that. What yiu can fo for is to support us. Is that so hard?"

"There is nothing hard Toun. Nothing. That man is not worth you. He have blind you. And I won't let him take aeay my daughter from me."

"Dad! No one blind me. Nathaniel did not blind me. I love him with no influence. Please understand that. I love him." She pleaded.