Chapter Eighteen

"Wakey wakey.  Toun said softly to her daughter ear on the bed and the little girl blinked her eyes open slowly.

"Mommy, Daddy." She said, excitedly when she realized that it was her parents. Then she sat up with a broad smile on her face. 

"Happy birthday my princess." Nathaniel said affectionately at his daughter. Then he pulled her small body into his arms in an embrace. "Happy birthday love."

"Thank you daddy. I love you too." The little girl replied in her father's arms.

"Happy birthday honey." Toun said grinning from ear to ear, looking at the girl in her father arms. She was very excited to see them together. Watching them was one of her greatest joy. And they meant the world to her.

Nathaniel finally let go of his daughter and the girl went to embrace her mother. He watched Toun held the girl firmly smiling broadly. She kissed her forehead and head repeatedly. Then he picked up a wrapped gift close to Annabelle bed and he gave it to his daughter when she pulled away from her mother.

"Wow! Thank you daddy." She jumped up happily, receiving the gift from her father. "Thank you daddy."

"There is still one more." Toun told her.

"Yeah!" The girl beamed.

"Do you want to see it now?" Her mother asked.

She nodded vehemently and her parents chuckled. Nathaniel took her by the hand and he helped her out of the bed. Then they all went to the living room.

Somewhere in the corner of the living room was a brand new keyboard that Toun had bought for her as she promised.

Annabelle squealed with joy and ran toward it, running around the keyboard, excitedly. She felt the body of the keyboard, smiling at herself.

"Do you like it?" Toun asked her daughter when she walked close to her with her husband.

She turned toward them and grinned. "I love it mommy. I love it." She smiled from ear to ear. And her parents grinned, happy that she liked it. Then she went to embrace their legs tightly.  "Thank you mommy. Thank you daddy. I love you both so much."

"We love you too darling." They said in unison to her while Nathaniel strokes her hair softly.

"I'm glad you like it my princess. Where do you wish to go today?"

"Cinema and shoprite."

"Oh my daughter knows beautiful places." The little girl beamed at the compliment.

"Okay, we will go to shoprite first and then cinema. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah" Annabella shouted jumping around. And in that moment, her grandmother came out. The couples greeted her while Annabella ran to embrace her.

"Grandma, daddy and mommy gave me a big gift and a PIANO!"

"Oh! That is fabulous. Did you tell mommy and daddy thank you."

She nodded in reply.

"That's my baby."

"Mommy are you coming with us?" Annabelle asked her mother with a hopeful face.

"Yes, dear. Today is your day and it's all about you. So mommy isn't going to work and so is daddy." Toun answered her with a smile.

She looked at her father to confirm what her mother just said. And he nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. I am so happy." She said to herself running into her room to get prepare for her outing with her parents.

"Let me follow her before she scatter her wall robe." Mrs Allyson said to the couples. And they nodded at her.