Chapter Thirty Three

Annabella sat with her best friend in her room. It was weekend and they have nowhere to go. They couldn't wait for evening to go to their usual night club in Mia boyfriend car.

She was telling her about her date with Anderson, the hot Lead singer and guitarist of the group that sings almost every night in the night club.

"I'm so happy for you two. Did you guy......" She didn't finish but she don't have to finish because she already knew what she meant.

"No Mia. It's our first date you don't expect me to have sex with him" She said disgusted.

"It's not actually a bad thing. He is hot and sexy." She said.

"I know but you know i will never do it. It took three years before Tobias touch me."

"Well that's because you were so keen on keeping your virginity till you were twenty and he was so madly in love with you that he waited. Not every guy is Tobias." Mia said

"Whatever Mia, let discuss something else." She said taking a spoonful of ice-cream that Mia bought with her together with donought and chocolate bars.

"I want to host a birthday party for my mom. My dad gave me his support."

"Well that is done." Anna said and Mia embrace.

"Oh i love you." She said in her arms.

One of the things Annabella was good at was hosting a party. She was a good event planner just like her grandmother.

Despite her grandmother is Cripple, she was one of the best event planner. She work for a very good event planning company. Although she was enjoying a very special benefits because of her son and her condition.

"I love you too." She kiss her on the cheek with her ice-cream stain mouth.

On other day, Mia would have roll her eyes and without her knowing she will do the same..... even worst. But she won't do it today because she is happy her friend is going to help her host a party for her mom which means a lot to her.

*****

Nathaniel sat with Julia in Cocina d'Amore an Italian restaurant which happened to be one of Julia favourite Italian restaurant.

Her father was a Texan but her mother was from Bologna, Italy. So she love Italian dish. And the restaurant happen to make some of the best Italian dishes.

Over the years in the country, he had learn to eat Chinese and Italian foods. But Italian food has always been his favorite.

"The food is delicious. How do you know this place? " Nathaniel asked.

"I tried every Italian restaurant in every state i visit and since i live here i know every Italian restaurants here and Cocina d'Amore is the best. Their food taste like the food in the country." Julia answered proudly.

Nathaniel look at her. "You've been to Italy?"

"Of course. It's such a wonderful place with a lot of tower, art and historical cathedral. You should visit italy one day." She advised.

"I will think about it." He said.

"So Nathan, who is Annabella mother?" She shifted. She didn't love to ask the question but she was curious. He had a pretty and talented daughter but she had never seen him with any woman nor have he talk about it.

He seems to be thinking about it.

"It's fine if you don't want to answer." She said to him.

"No. You have always been open to me. You talk about your son.."

"And you too." She said cutting him short. "You talk alot about Annabella."

"Yes but you also talk about your relationships." He said. "Annabella mother name is Adetoun. She was just like Anna. She was a beautiful and a  kind woman. We met when we were in college. She was different from me in different aspects but i love her. She had Anna in our final year in the college."

He sound sad. She could see the pain and sadness in his eyes.

" Her father never approved our marriage and suddenly she disappeared. She was taken from me in front of our daughter. "

" I'm sorry Nathan. I didn't know. "She said sympathetically.

" It's fine. "He said but she knew it wasn't and she regret asking him.

" I'm sorry. "She apologized again.

He look at her and he noticed she was feeling guilty for asking him about Toun.

" It's okay Julia, you don't have to be sorry. Let's stop talking about our sad past relationship." She nodded in relief.

*****

Toun was preparing her children for their trip to Nigeria. Dammy and Isabella are very excited to go to Africa. They keep asking their mother about things they will see and places they can visit. Although Hope was curious just like his siblings, he was still sad he will be leaving his practice and school.

"I haven't been to Nigeria in Seventeen years Bella. So when we get there, i will take you to the place i know and we will browse the rest." She said to them and they nodded in agreement.

****

"Is it true you are going back to Nigeria?" Mr Joseph asked his son in- law.

He nodded. "Yes sir. My mother is sick and she want to go back to her homeland. I decide it's best time to see my father land after a long time and for my children to know their origin."

"Do you have to go?" Mr Joseph asked. "You already have a life here. Your children are born here and there is no need for them to go to Nigeria. Their life is here." He said trying to convince him.

"I already make up my mind. The kids are happy to see their father's land and i am also homesick." He said with a chuckles.

"What about our business?"

"Sir you know very well your company is in good hands here. I can move to the company in Nigeria and continue my work till i return back." Japheth said.

"Are you taking Toun with you?"

"Definitely." He answered and the man raise an eye brow.

"Do you know what you are doing Japheth? Have you forgotten Toun past? What might happen? Don't you remember everything we told you?" Mr Joseph asked his son in law in an hope to convince him.

"No, i haven't forgotten. I remember it clearly but i trust Toun and she need this more than anyone. It's time we give her support and trust her. I love her so i will do it for her and because i trust her." Japheth said sincerely.

Mr Joseph saw he had made up his mind and he won't change it. He hope he did not regret it.

"So how long do you intend to stay in Nigeria?"

"Two years or three"

"Three years? That's quite too long."

"No, it's not sir. I have been away from home for a long time now."

"Alright" Mr Joseph said reluctantly and a little disappointed.

Japheth was proud he could tell his father in law his plans and he agreed without any argument.

He have nothing stopping him now from leaving with his wife and children and his parents.