Chapter Twenty Five

Seventeen years later......

Annabella came out of a black car with her guitar hanging on her shoulder. She smile and wave at the driver in the car. Then the car drove away.

She smile and unlock the gate walking into the small compound and into the house.

The house was smelling nice. Her grandmother was cooking.

"Welcome dear." She heard someone said behind her. She hold her chest and she heard her grandmother laugh.

"Grandma, you scared me." She said walking to meet her. "I thought you were in the kitchen, the house smell nice."

"Sorry, i didn't mean to scare you." She apologized. "Who brought you home?"

"A friend."

"A friend?" She asked.

She roll her eyes at her grandmother. "Common grandma, I'm not a baby. I'm a graduate. I am about to have my master degree."

"It does not matter, you are still the baby of the house."

"I'm not a baby grandma." She disagree.

"Tell that to your dad." She smile and move her chair in the direction of the kitchen.

"Where is my dad?" She asked on top of her voice. And she move down the hall without waiting for reply from her.

She knock on the door of her father office. She walk in.

"Hey princess, how was practice?" He asked. He was watching a movie in his office - something that was very rare.

Her father is always busy.

"Fine dad" She replied and she sat beside him. She gave a kiss on the cheek. "I'm invited to play for the mayor wedding anniversary."

"That's great princess. I believe you can do it. The mayor is about to have the most memorable wedding anniversary." He said proudly.

Annabella has win alot of competition with her girl band and singly over the years. She recorded a few music which she upload on her Instagram and had make her have thousands of followers.

" Thanks dad. " She appreciated and she lean her head on his shoulder.

" Are you sure you don't want to go into music? " He asked.

" I love music but I'm not doing it to have fans or recognition. I'm doing it because i love it and i enjoy doing it. "

" That's great." He commented." I'm okay with anything you do. "

" Thank you. And dad have you spoken with your friend in the PI office. "

" Yes. He will get back to me. " He said.

" Alright." She close her eyes still leaning on him.

Nathaniel look at her cute face. And he smile. She has always put a smile on him. She makes him forget about all his problems. She has make him proud in every aspect and he count himself lucky to have such a daughter.

Its has been fifteen years since Toun was kidnapped and disappeared. He had move on but he never forget her. He  dated a few women but never get married to any of them. And he didn't date any of them for long.

His work was miracle. He got transferred to the United States and months later, he moved his mother and daughter too.

He had been living in the state with his family for fourteen years. And he hadn't gone back to Nigeria since then.