Captain - S.R.

Imagine: After defeating Thanos and bringing everyone back, Senator Ross decides the world needs a bit of a pick me up and wants to introduce a new hero with the same name. Captain America. But this time you are dawning the mantel. Steve is still around and he's been in Wakanda with Bucky making sure they get the words out of Bucky's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve and Bucky walked into the training room seeing Sam get his ass kicked by this golden blonde while the two spar. She flipped him onto his back and Steve is in shock. Sam groaned and tapped out before she could do the final move. She holds out her hand to him and he takes it. She helps him up.

"You ain't even a freaking super soldier," Sam said quietly looking at her and she smirked.

"I don't need to be a super soldier to kick your ass," she said and Steve comes over to the two.

"Even when I was scrawny kid Brooklyn, I could easily kick your ass," Steve said.

"You had asthma, Steven, a fucking small breeze could kick your ass and send you across the Atlantic to London," Bucky said going to a punching bag.

"Watch your fucking language, this is a professional place," she said turning around to face the two super soldiers.

"Language," Steve said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Know what? You should spar with Steve instead of me," Sam said making his way off the mat.

"You up for it? I heard you might be retiring, sir," she said.

"I'm not retiring," Steve said going onto the mat.

"You sure?" She asked as the two get into defensive positions.

"Yes, I might be 102 but I'm in the prime of my life," Steve said.

"Pfft, this is exactly what a old man would say," she said. "And really? This is your prime? It's kinda sad, sir."

Bucky bursted out laughing in the background. Steve made the first punch and she was quick to dodge it.

The two sparred for what seemed like hours and the other Avengers started coming to watch them fight it out.

"You getting tired?" She asked.

"I can do this all day," Steve said putting her in a headlock.

"You should put that on a t-shirt," she said.

She used all her strength to flip Steve and she flipped with him. He landed on his back and she landed on top of him. She was quick to get up even though every muscle in her body hurts.

"You should stay down, old man," she said and that pissed off Steve.

He got back on his feet and the two of them keep on sparring.

"Somebody's fuming," she said with a smirk on her face. "How the hell are you still going?"

"Super soldier serum," Steve said dodging a punch.

"Lucky," she said breathless and she stepped back.

She fell to her knees and then collapsed on the ground. Steve got super worried and the others immediately started going to her. He checked her pulse and there's nothing.

"There's no pulse!" Steve said freaking out.

Sam checked and then started doing compressions. Friday calls in the medical team and all Steve can do is blame himself.

(Time skip)

She woke up in a hospital bed. She spots the super soldier blonde pacing the room.

"Y-you should sit down or at least g-grab your walker," she said shivering slightly underneath the thin blanket.

Steve stopped and looked at her. She gave him a stupid grin and that annoyed him. He doesn't know why she getting under his skin.

"Come here, pops," she said motioning him to over to her.

He does so and she scoots over in the bed. She pat the spot next to her and he sits at the edge.

"Lay down," she said.

"No," Steve said.

"Please?" She said tugging on the back of his shirt.

He sighed and laid back onto the bed beside her. She places herself under his arm and Steve tensed up at this blonde who's snuggling up to him.

"Relax, please," she said ever so quietly.

After a couple minutes, Steve does relax and she falls asleep on him. Sam comes in and Steve looks at him for help. Sam smirked.

"Jaycee is a cuddler. She's probably the most badass woman I've ever met," Sam said pulling a chair over to the bedside and sitting in it. "But my god this chick will latch onto anyone especially after missions."

"Fun," Steve said sarcastically.

"Jesus, you can't get mad at Jaycee, she was dead on the floor early," Sam said.

"Not to be rude, but how is she apart of the Avengers?" Steve asked.

"Nobody told you?" Sam asked.

"Told me what?" Steve asked.

"She's Captain America. While you were in Wakanda, Ross decided that America needs its Captain," Sam said and Steve clenched his jaw tightly.