Single Mom - B.B.

You of course have your own apartment with your 2 year old. Only Natasha knows about her and has babysat a few times. You always go M.I.A after any of your missions whether it be big or small to see your little girl. You spend time with her whenever you can. Bucky tries to hangout with you or make plans but you always shoot him down even though you really really really want to spend time with the super soldier but your priority is your daughter. She'll always come first no matter what.

You took Ainsley out of her car seat and it's pouring down rain and she hates thunder and lightning with a passion. Your power went out at your apartment and you were gonna surprise Bucky with a movie night just you and him.

You wrapped Ainsley up in your bomber jacket leaving you in your black high top converse, black skinny jeans, and grey cropped hoodie. You already have your backpack on and a duffel bag over your shoulder. Thunder roars and Ainsley screeches crying and clutching onto her stuffed bunny. You flipped off the sky and slammed the door shut which freaked her out more.

"I'm so sorry, baby," you whispered soothingly and you locked the car.

You then made the long trek to the compound and the rain only poured down harder. You really wished you stayed home.

By the time you make it inside and near your room, Ainsley is a crying mess and you just feel so bad for the kid. You both are soaking wet and just miserable. You make it to your room and you opened the door. You go in and placed Ainsley on the bed. You then dropped your bags down and took out her pajamas.

"It's okay, munchkin," you said changing her into her pajamas. "I'm gonna murder Thor."

You picked up the crying child and prayed that there's Mac & cheese in the compound.

"Thor is so dead," you whispered as you walked out into the hallway closing the door behind you.

You are also hoping Bucky likes kids cause then your relationship is fucked.

(Time skip)

Bucky comes into the common room and sees you trying to cook mac&cheese while also trying to soothe a crying toddler.

"Need help?" Bucky asked coming into the kitchen.

You turned around and looked at Ainsley.

"Hey, Ainsley, that's Bucky, he's like a giant teddy bear and he'll protect you from the thunder," you said pointing to Bucky who's giving her a sad smile.

"Bucky Bear?" Ainsley whimpered.

"Yassss," You said.

She reached out for him and you passed her over and he took her carefully into his arms. You had a small victory and Bucky's already wiping away her tears with his thumb gently. She's got her head on his shoulder and she's clutching onto the strings of his hoodie.

"I hate thunder too, kid," Bucky whispered to Ainsley swaying a bit to calm her down as you finish making the mac&cheese.

Ainsley whimpered and he rubbed her back with his flesh arm since she ended up being propped up on his metal arm.

"Sorry," You said looking back at him.

"It's fine, Y/n. She's yours, right?" He asked softly.

You nodded.

"At least now I know why you've been declining my dates and I don't blame you, she's a lot cuter than me," Bucky said.

"Thanks. I was actually gonna surprise you but the babysitter canceled and then the power went out," You said turning your attention back to the stove.

Bucky comes up beside you and kisses your cheek. You blushed and bit your bottom lip.

"I'm glad my attempts weren't for nothing," Bucky said smirking.

"You are very persistent and it doesn't go unnoticed —aaaaannnd she's asleep," you said looking at Ainsley.

Bucky smiles looking at your daughter who's got her mouth wide open as she sleeps.

"She's gonna be your little buddy," you said turning off the stove.

"Duh, I'm her Bucky Bear," Bucky sassed.

You just smirked at him.

(Time skip)

You and Bucky went into your room with Ainsley. Bucky already climbed into the bed with Ainsley on his chest. You grabbed a pair of black adidas shorts and a t-shirt. You took the clothes to the bathroom as Bucky got Netflix up on your TV. You quickly changed into the shorts and t-shirt while Bucky tries to find something that Ainsley wants to watch.

"That one," Ainsley said pointing to the tv.

"Lilo & Stitch?" Bucky asked looking at her.

She nodded and Bucky started the movie. You came out of the bathroom and smiled at the sight of the two. You climbed into the bed.

"Mommy!" Ainsley said.

You kissed her cheek and Bucky put his arm around you. You placed your head on his shoulder and you wrapped your arm around Ainsley and Bucky.

"You know, I like this a lot," Bucky said.

"Shhhhhhhh," Ainsley said looking up at Bucky.

You and Bucky just chuckled.

"We're a bwoken family but we're Ohana," Ainsley said looking at you and Bucky after finishing the movie.

You looked at Bucky and he's a little teary eyed.

"And that's okay we're a little broken but we got each other and a Bucky," you said.

"Bucky Bear!" Ainsley said wrapping her small arms around his neck.

"Awww, you're too sweet," Bucky said holding you both closer.

You checked the time to see it's 1am.

"Okay, we gotta get some sleep. It's way past everyone's bedtime," you said.

Bucky groaned and Ainsley curled herself into a ball on his chest. She pulled up the blankets which you happily helped. You three soon fell asleep together.