Night Light - B.B.

You crawled under the covers into Bucky's bed. You just needed to feel safe and be near someone. You usually fight yourself on going to someone after having a nightmare. This is the first time you're going to somebody. You know that Bucky used to deal with them but it doesn't happen as often anymore. He was your second choice. Wanda was your first choice but Vision was in her bed. Bucky was definitely a better choice.

You made yourself as small as possible not wanting to disturb him. Honestly, you wanna be held or just some human contact but your willing to just listen to his breathing and soft quiet snoring. You looked up at the ceiling and tried thinking of positive things but your nightmares keep haunting you even though you're wide awake.

Bucky opened his eyes slowly hearing sniffling and he's facing away from you. He lifted his head and turned to you thinking it might be Steve. He frowned seeing you cry and he knows he's been there before like how you are right now but with Steve. He would be the one laying on the bed trying to make himself as small as possible and not wanting to disturb Steve.

Bucky moves over to you and wraps his arms around you. You muttered an apology but he dismisses it. He lays on his side and makes your whole body face him. He keeps you close to him and he wipes away your tears with his thumb.

"It's okay, Doll," Bucky whispered softly. "Get some sleep."

"I- I c-can't," you sobbed.

He reached over you and turned on the lamp giving the room a warm soft light. Bucky ran a hand through your hair and he looked at you. He had this sort of calming affect on you and it might've helped with the lamp on.

"I used to have a night light but I'm pretty sure that Peter kid stole it or it was that raccoon," Bucky said pressing his forehead against yours. "That raccoon almost got my arm."

You just listened to him speak not being able to find your own words. He tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"I absolutely hate running. Yet, Steve makes me run with him at 5am. It's annoying. The sun isn't even up when we go running," Bucky whispered.

He continued on speaking to you literally about anything he could think of until you fell asleep in his arms. Bucky grinned and turned off the light. He wrapped his arms back around you and he himself drifted off to sleep.

To be continued?