Gold Streak - B.B.

February 20th, 1943

You were scared. You just watched your family go into the gas chamber. First, it was your dad then your mom. She was pregnant too. You were hoping it was a boy so you would have a brother. You wanted to play games with him and be a big sister to him. But the war got in the way.

This isn't how a seven year old should experience life. You should be out picking flowers. Helping your mother make dinner. Be excited when your dad comes home from working at a factory.

You're hiding behind crates and the scientists are running around. The Howling Commandos are coming with Captain America. You're just a seven year old Polish girl. The war has taken a heavy toll on you.

Captain America kicks down the door into the lab. Him and Sergeant Barnes bust into the room. They take out the guards and scientists that fight back. You covered your ears and whimpered.

"Do you hear that?" Sergeant Barnes asked tying up one of the scientists.

"Hear what?" Captain America asked.

You made yourself as small as you could but you made some noise which alerted the two grown men. Barnes is first to go over to the crates. The captain holds up his shield and looks at the tied up scientists. Barnes moves the crates and sees you.

"It's just a girl," Barnes said crouching down to you.

He holds out a hand to you and you had tears streaming down your face.

"It's okay, you're safe. I'm Bucky," Bucky said giving you a sad smile.

All you understood was safe and you immediately hugged him. He grinned and picked you up holding you close. He stood up and you cried into the crook of his neck. Bucky of course started rubbing your back to try and soothe you.

"We need to get her out of here," Bucky said as Captain America looked into the gas chamber window. "Anyone alive?"

He shakes his head no. He seen a chamber before with dead bodies and it always hits him hard. How could anyone do that? Why would they do that? What did they do to make a man so powerful do these things? Absolutely nothing.

"Let's go," Captain America said.

Bucky nodded. Cap called his team in and they left the compound. They get outside to gunfire from the enemy and Bucky immediately takes cover with you behind a car. You're crying so hard since you're so so scared.

"Stay here, I'll come back for you," Bucky said but you didn't understand a word he said.

Bucky gets up and starts taking out Hydra/German soldiers with his gun. You watched him kill a few men. A German soldier yelled at you and aimed his weapon at you. You quickly got up running away into the forest and he fired shots at you. You took off as fast as your small bare feet could take you with the snow covered ground. You just had to get somewhere safe. Maybe safe wasn't with the blue jacket man.

To be continued?

Possible on own story?