Heroes (2) - B.B.

You get page to the firefighter's room and you sprint down the hallway not giving a crap. You run into the room and Bucky is breathing against the tube down his throat. He coughing against it and he's sitting up. You quickly go over.

"I'm gonna take out the tube, Mr. Barnes," you said. "Alright?"

He just looked at you and you took that as a yes. You had the nurse push something into the IV to relax him. Then you took out the tube and he gagged against it.

"Water," You said to another nurse as the other takes the tube out of the room.

She hands you a cup of water and you bring it to Bucky's lips. It feels amazing going down his scratchy throat. He ended downing the whole cup.

"How ya feeling?" You asked putting the cup off to the side.

"Dead," Bucky said.

"Well, sorry to break it to you but you're very much alive," you said raising up the bed so he can lay/sit comfortably.

"Damn," Bucky said under his breath sitting back. "It must be heaven then. Are you an angel?"

You scratched the back of your head thinking about how to respond to loopy man.

"Yes, but you cannot tell a soul, James," you whispered looking at him.

His eyes widened in shock and he vigorously nodded his head. You put a finger to your lips and made your way out.

"Get some rest, James, I'll check on you later," you said.

You closed the sliding glass door and Daisy and Bobbi are looking at you.

"That poor man," Daisy said giggling.

"Jesus, he's definitely hot but possibly stupid," Bobbi said.

"I think we might find out soon enough," you said.

(Time skip)

"Look at who finally woke up," Sam said walking into Bucky's room.

"I wish I was still out," Bucky said.

"But dude, your doctor is hot. I think I might ask her out," Sam said.

"Pass," you said walking into the room with Daisy.

Bucky bursted out laughing and clutched onto his hurting ribs.

"Don't hurt yourself. I don't wanna go back into surgery with you," you said going to his bedside and you pointed to Daisy. "By the way, this is Dr. Johnson and she'll be dealing with you."

"Wait, Angel, you can't leave me," Bucky said taking your hands into his calloused hands. "You can't do this to me."

"I can and I will. I have a life," you said.

"You could have a life with me," Bucky said looking into your eyes with puppy dog eyes.

"Woah, that was smooth," Sam said.

"You poor thing," you said.

He gave you the saddest face he could give you but you stood your ground being immune to puppy dog eyes. His lip quivered.

"Don't do this to me, Angel," Bucky said shaking his head no.

"I have to," you said.

He put one of your hands over his bare chest which is bandaged up right below his pecs. You can acknowledge that he is indeed very fit and attractive.

"You feel that?" Bucky asked.

You rolled your eyes trying to hold back a smile. He looked down at your hand but then looked up at you.

"That's my heart. It beats for you," Bucky said.

"Wow, amazing. Glad it does but that doesn't change anything. I'm uh gonna go before you keep up with this... thing," you said backing away.

"No, Angel, no, don't do this," Bucky said.

"Goodbye, James," you said.

He whined in disappointment and you left the room.

"ANGEL!" Bucky called out.

"Oh my god, you gotta let her go," Sam groaned.

"I can't! My heart... is broken!" Bucky said putting his hands over his heart.

"Oh my god, she'll be back on Monday," Daisy said.

"I cannot wait," Bucky said grinning widely.

To be continued?