Chapter 4

I slept on the bed and covered my face with bedsheet while kavya was ready for going to her office.

She shook me lightly and asked, "are you sure?  You would go by own."

I told her with sleeping voice, "yeah, I will be alright. By the way what's time now?

She answered, "it's 8 am."

I took out my face from my bedsheet and told her, "now, you have to go otherwise you will be late. And I can sleep now one more hour. I am tired to get up early in the morning."  I smiled. She smiled back, "good bye. See you later" she kissed on my forehead and I murmured good bye. I heard her footsteps dismissed and slept again.

I woke up by my alarm clock on 9 Am. I did my daily routine and reached college at 10Am.  I knew I was late. I saw my friends in front of college shop. I greeted them. My all friends was there. They all smiled and greeted me back.

Sam put his hand on my forehead and asked with concern, "Are you all right?"
I asked back with confusion, "why? What would happen to me?"

"Actually you are late today. That's why I am asking. You are coming early since last week." Shalini gave reason to me.

I shrugged and told them "actually I am tired to come college early." I was laughing. When they got my joke, they also laughed.

"Thank god, my fatty came back." Sam said with dramatic way. I slapped on his arm lightly and shook my head. He can never change. We all laughed and cracking jokes about each other.

We reached in our class and settled in our seats. Anjali who is the informor of our group informed us, "there is a new guy who took admission in our college is joining college from today."

"Why?" Shalini asked her. Actually, it was the last semester of our gradution. That's why a guy is joining in middle of semester it is suspect. I was completing my notes which was pending due to lack of my study. I was only hearing their conversation. I was actually not interested in that type of topic.

"I don't know. I only know he is joining today." Anjali shrugged her shoulders.

"Is he handsome?" Natasha asked. I smiled because she is desperate for a relationship. We ask for our college guys, she said they are not his type. New guy may be her type. If that happens, I will be happy for her. I can't have relationship because of my personal reason but my friends  should have if they want.

"I don't know. You should wait. May be it is all worth." We all laughed at anjali's statement.

We heard footsteps to enter in our class. I knew he is our math teacher.
I closed my notebook and saw towards our teacher. He is always wear pants and shirt and his expression is always serious. He is mid fourties. He greeted all of class and we greeted back in unison. We greeted not loud. It's just murmured or formality. Actually, we are younger not children whose greets like sing a song in unison.

"Well, all of the students, before starting our lecture, I want to meet you with our new admission.... Ryan. As new guy entered the class, I panicked. My brain stops for a second. Our eyes meet, but he suddenly looked away. I came in my sense by his voice, "hello friends, I am Ryan. I am new in this town...." he was smiling. He was looking every classmates expect me. And I was thanked to God for that. He was telling us about him like his introduction as every new student does. But I was not giving any attention. I was only thinking what he is doing here. I was panicked, shocked and thinking a lot. I knew if I was not giving attention to his introduction, how I can figure out what is he doing here. But as I said my mind was not working properly. It's like a saw any ghost or any expected thing. I knew he was not ghost. I can feel that he was not normal. May be I was thinking so much. I paid attention in my class. Now our math teacher was lecturing us. And Ryan joined Sid, Sam and Karan. I glared them how can they sit with a stranger. But they didn't give me any attention. And I saw my girls friend. They were drooling him. What happened to all friends? I wanted to tell them he is stranger. We shouldn't talk him. But I
Knew if I say a world, they ask me a lot of questions. And I don't have answer of it. So it's ok to be keep quiet and pay attention to my lecture.

First period was finished after couples of mintue but it was a long lecture for my life. I was thinking that I should have take a leave today.  But I have to face this situation one day. Why not today. May be I was wrong. He would be just like other guys.

Next period was business ethics . So we had to wait for our teacher. Some guys and girls went for a taking fresh air or did their stuff. While some were busy in their friends. And my all friends was busy in talking with Ryan. Even my girls friend took their chair towards boys' chairs. I rolled my eyes and spotted on my seat. I was pretending as I was reading. And my friends didn't give any attention to me. I was some upset for their behavior but I was also glad that they didn't ask me to join. I didn't want that and I couldn't refuse them.

A classmate told us our teacher is on leave that's why it's free period. Some left the class but others spotted on their seats. So I was hearing cheers up and sound of laughing. I don't know why my all friends are laughing so much. My friends  are sperated into two  groups. Sam suggested, "Mithali why are you there? Come and join us. We are playing attakshari "

I wanted to say to him very good, you remember me. I thought you all forget me. But I can't them suspicious so I gave him fake smile and refused, "thanks for asking. But I have more important work than plan." I knew I sounded like bitchy.

I was him to be shocked. But I was giving him smile that's why he covered quickly his expression and asked, "what is it?"

I looked in my notes and told, "I have to complete my notes. You carry on."

I thought he was processing what I am saying. I heard Natasha voice, "Sam, Please leave her alone. When she don't want to play, why are you insisting."

Now, Sam smirked and murmured, "I don't  hold her." I know his voice was low but we all listened, they were smiling. And I was blushing. How can he kidding in front of Ryan?

"How cheesy!" I grinned and he also grinned.  I was feeling lightly because at least he say something to me to distract new guy's thought.

I stood up and told them, "okay, I am going to somewhere to complete my notes. Because I am damn sure you all don't let me do."

They all nodded except Ryan. As he was looking me with some confusion. I don't know why. Because he is the one who suspected, not me. I heard Sam's voice, "Can I join you?"

"No way, because I know you won't let me to finish." I told him striagtly. Because I know his jokes never let to me. I saw a hurt feeling but it went with in a second.

Anjali yelled to Sam, "you are joining or we will start without you."

"I am coming." As I heard his voice and got out from my class. As I existed  my class door, I took in a long deep breath. Now I can think properly. I smiled and headed towards our college library where I feel all silent and hear only my inner voice.

I entered in library. I looked up our librarian who worn a green saree as usual. I gave her smile. And she gave me back. There was a lot of book shelves in corner and in middle there was long table with many chairs in many rows. I saw some others students who was busying in their books. I sat on empty table in middle row whose was all empty. I put my bag on table. Take out my book, notebook and pen. I was pretending as I was studying but I was thinking.
…….....…...............

Hey Friends please comment about my story. You like or not. I am waiting for your response