Chapter 28

Mithali's POV

I woke up with a headache. I sat on bed with frown. Why was I feeling that I had hangover last night? Ryan told me not touch any drink without him. I knew it's too much and it looked like he was controlling me but I love him that's why I agreed. At least, he didn't tell me not to drink.... He only told not to drink without him.... I can do it for him atleast right?
I blushed when I thought about him. Shit, he was coming to take me and I was sleeping. I didn't do any preparation.

But wait, I was forgetting something. Didn't Jatin come last day and tell me Ayush and Ryan was fighting? I remembered everything. Even, I slept after hearing his apologize. Why did he ask apologize? I was confused. I stretched my hairs with frustration. Then I noticed it was not my room. Again strange.... Why was every strange things happening with me one by one? I was confused. It was not my room or Ryan's room. Then where was I? Did anyone kidnap me? I laughed in my heart. How did it possible? My family is not rich. The kidnappers wouldn't get any benefit from my family.

I was finding the reason of my kidnapping. If I was kidnapped.
I didn't offend anyone. I have good nature. Everyone likes me around me specially Ryan. I blushed again. Dammit, again I was thinking about him. Then I remembered my Ryan is powerful. If I am in danger, he will definitely save me, right? Then I don't need to worry. I smiled and examined the room. It was normal room. It meant I was kidnapped. If I was kidnapped, why would kidnapper leave me without tying.

I tried to open door and it opened as I twisted the door knob. Now I was sure that I was not kidnapped. Then the main question is where was I? Let's find Mithali. I patted my chest and took steps. After passing two doors, there was stairs. As I took steps towards one stair, I heard a familiar voice, "is she alright?" It's Jatin. Oh, it seemed I was with them. I am safe.

Ayush replied nonchalantly, "Don't worry she is just sleeping."

I went downstairs and said in excited voice, "Hey guys"

Jatin looked at me with startled. He put his hand on his chest and told, "Sister in law, you really scared."

I causally sat on sofa infront of them and pouted, "I only greeted you. How I scared you?" I looked Jatin and Ayush one by one. Ayush looked at me coldly while Jatin shook his head with slight smile, "Sister in law, it's my fault not your."

I said nonchalantly, "then fine." After thinking something, I said with upset, "What's in breakfast? I am really hungry."

Jatin and Ayush were speechless. They looked each other then Ayush asked with raising his eyebrows, "Don't you wanna know why are you here?"

I shook my head lazily and asked, "Actually, I want to ask where is Ryan? Didn't Jatin say you and he were fighting yesterday?"

There was a silence for few moments. Ayush said with sighing, "I want to show you something."

I nodded with agreement. Suddenly, I saw the scene of hall. It's look like I was looking tv but there was not tv in reality. It seemed Ayush used his magic. I stayed with Ryan and his family. That's why I was not surprised.

I recognised that hall was in committee building. Then I saw my family, elders, Jatin and Ayush including myself. I was in current clothes. I was confused because I only went one time there but I didn't wear that clothes. Then I saw Ryan came with his assistant. I was confused what's going on. Soon, I saw and heard unexpected things. I never said to Ryan. Why will I reject me when I love him? My mind stopped to work. I saw Ryan's pleading eyes which was looking me. I wanted to say it's not me     I love you and I want to be with you. But I knew it's useless. It's only flashback.

When it's stopped, I said with confusion, "That girl is not me. What's going on?"

Ayush told calmly, "It's you, Mithali. You denied him yourself."

I was dumbfounded. I asked myself, "Then why didn't I remember anything? When did it happen?"

This time Jatin replied with sad expression, "two days ago, I am sorry Sister in law."

After looking at his expression, I almost shouted, "It's both of you. Tell me exactly what happened and how?"

Jatin took a deep breath and explained, "I lied to you that Ryan came to us and started to fight. When I was driving, I used my power to you.  With using our power, we brain washed your mind that's why you told him what we wanted. We knew Ryan wouldn't believe and tried to contact you that's why we convinced your family that you will stay with us. It's for your safety. Because of your safety, your family agreed. After that, we took you here. You slept for two days."

My mind numbed after hearing it. I rejected Ryan in front of community. I knew the consequence. I really hurt him unconsciously. Does Ryan believe it? Ofcourse not, I told him few days ago I want to be with him. We talked happily.

I was confident that Ryan will find a way. I asked with raising my eyebrows, "How many days will you keep me here? You can't keep me here forever."

Jatin asked with confusion, "Sister in law, why are you calm down? Why are you not making fuss or crying or shouting at least?"

I frowned, "Am I child who makes fuss?"

"but..." Jatin opened  and closed his mouth many times but he couldn't say anything at last.

I laughed at his reaction, "I am mature person by the way...not like you. I knew both of you won't hurt me then why is the need to making fuss."

Ayush asked wih raising his eyebrows, "How are you sure we won't hurt you?"

I said nonchalantly, "If you wanna hurt me, you won't leave me untie or let open my room door." I continued, "by the way, I am sure Ryan will come soon to take me from here."

After few moments, Ayush said with forcing every words, "Mithali, you didn't understand what's going on. fine, I will clear you. You denied in front of community. Ryan is also tied with community rules. He announced his marriage in publicly and started preparation. Everyone knew he is going married in our society. But how will he get married without bride? Now, he has only two options. If he doesn't get married, he will have to leave his leader post which was his and his family dream. Second, if he wants his post, he will have to marry in two weeks."

I asked with trembling voice, "and you will not let me go before two weeks."

Ayush didn't give me any response but I understood. I asked with teary voice, "Why are you doing it? You are his cousin and friend."

Ayush gritted his teeth, "I have no friend like him. I want to feed him his medicine taste. Now, he will know how to feel to loss of your other half. I lost my other half because of him. Now, he will feel what I am feeling." He took deep breath and said in concern voice, "Mithali, I have no grudge with you. You are human. Soon, you will forget him or move out. Even after few months, you will not remember him."

He left after saying it. As he left, Jatin asked with worried, "Sister in law?"

I frowned with rolling tears my eyes, "Can't I cry now?"

Jatin was speechless. I went into room where I woke up and closed the door. The tears were rolling from my eyes. I  believe on Ryan. But I knew how much his society and family has expectations from him. He told me he was trained since childhood to be a leader. Will he leave the post for me? But what I want? Ofcourse, I don't want he will leave his post for me. Then we will never meet again?