chapter 13

The next morning, I awoke up by kavya who was shaking me and calling my name. I groaned in sleep, "what happened kavya?"

"It's already 9 am Mithali. Do not you have college today?" She asked with asumement.

I glanced at wall clock and it was 9 am. I could I sleep so much. Then I recalled last night. I read about his race late 2 am. That's why I was feeling tired. "Don't you have your office?" I asked kavya with shocked. She should be in office by then. What was she doing?

"I made excuses to my boss that I am not feeling well. That's why I will be late." She told me as it's not big deal.

"And why did you do that?" I asked her with raising my eyebrows.

"Because I know my little sister needs me." She beamed at me.

I opened my arms to hug her, "I don't know what I do without you." She hugged me back and after a while she patted my back, "get up, otherwise you will be late."

"I don't want to go college." I told her with upset. I was scared. And I didn't know how to face my friends. I didn't want to face him. I was scared of him and I am also angry. I was irritated with my feeling towards him. I didn't want to feel like that but I could not do anything about it. That's why I was also mad on myself.

"Why Mithali?" She asked me with confusion. When I didn't reply her, she told with nicely, "you can not lock yourself in the room. You know that very well."

"I don't want to lock myself." I snapped at her. "it's cheesy and I am not that type of girl who want to run away from her problem. I don't want to face him now that's it. I need my time to think."

She took a deep breath, "if you don't go college, he will come here. It means you have to face him." She was right. I didn't want he come here. My parents will not be pleased with it.

I went to bathroom and did my daily routine. After taking bath, I came out in towel. I opened my wardrobe for choosing the clothes. I glanced my every dress and I didn't satisfy with my clothes. There was only Kurtis and jeans except party wear dresses. I couldn't dress up in party wear.

"Hmm, I am noticing someone thinks about her clothes." As she said with mocking smile, I glared at her. She was thinking wrong.

"It's not what you are thinking." I said with rolling my eyes.

"Really, I never saw you think for your clothes too much. I am your sister and I know you better." She told me with clam and affection.

"Whatever." I was feeling frustrated. "I don't have anything to wear today. My all clothes are old. I think I need shopping."

She chuckled, "why don't you borrow to me today?"

"No, if I do that, mom and dad will be doubt on me. And I never want it." I told her with honesty and sadness.

"Don't worry. They will be get over from it soon." She assured me.

"Are you fine with it kavya?" I asked her with concerned. I wanted to know truth, not lie.

She took a deep breath and opened her mouth, "honestly, I don't like him because I know one day he will hurt you somehow. But I thought about it last night. We can't do anything about it. So let it be. One day, we will be habitual."

"I am sorry. It is happening because of me." I was feeling guilty for my family.

She tried to smile but failed, "don't need to be guilty Mithali. It is not your fault. May be, it's our destiny." I only nodded because seriously I don't know what to say.