chapter 20

Sona and I became friends within one month. She told me a lot. She was like my sister but I was missing kavya more because she is my elder sister cum friend. I can't compare my relation with her to anybody. Actually, I was missing my family a lot. Ryan family was also great. They cared me a lot but I could forget my family. I spend 23 years with them. How can I forget them. Ryan and his family understood it that's why they were cooperate with me.

Sona taught me a lot about them. She taught me how to control my emotions in front of Ryan and how to stay away him from my mind. Ryan was not happy with it but he didn't say anything. Sometimes it hard for me to think about my future with him. It's not mean I don't love him. I love him with my all heart. And I couldn't think my future with any other guy. But we are different from each other in every way. We born in different and live in different world.  Ryan was comfortable with that fact that I am human and he is myth but I was not. May be the reason is he always knows that human are real like his peoples. But I didn't know that myth is real like my peoples. I thought that they are not real. They are fictional or only live in someone mind. But I know the reality and it was hard for me to believe. I always think that if he would be just like me, we are good couple. But may be then situation would be different. 

I was confused about our relationship. The first reason is my family and second is his peoples. I met with all of them.

It was a good day. Ryan was happy because he was going to introduce me   in front of everyone and tell about our relationship. I was nervous because I didn't know what to do. But he assured me everything would be fine. Everyone would like me. I don't know why Ryan was confident. I always thought that he deserves me or he deserves better. He was so perfect while I was not. I only show to others that I am perfect but I know I have some imperfection.

It was through a big party. Everyone was invited. Some accepted me while some was not glad that Ryan's other half is a human. It's not like there were not humans among them. Many male and female's other half is human. They were married and they live happily. But my case is different. First, Ryan is future leader. He will become the leader soon. Some think if his wife is human. It means it weak them. She can't protect her and anybody. Second, I didn't know about them that's why how I can lead them. But Ryan assured them he will always protect me and others. He is enough strong and he has enough ability to lead them. I am his strength not his weakness. They don't need to worry about anything. I didn't want to upset him but they were right Ryan deserves better than me. But Ryan don't think. He thinks I am better for him. I know he loves me a lot. I also love him but I am confused and I was missing my family.

I knew I couldn't meet my family but I didn't lose my hopes. I didn't blame Ryan for it because I knew he was also struggling because of me. He was convincing his peoples to accepting to me. I was worried for him. Sometimes I was wondering why he loves me? When he gets whoever he wants. I feel jealous when girls give him that look.

I was laying on my bed and reading book. Sona was going outside for work. Ryan entered into room and he was looking sad.

I saw him and sat on the bed, "what happened?"

He laid on bed and put his head on my lap and closed his eyes. I ran my fingers in his hairs. When he tired he always laid like that and I always like to touch his hairs.

I asked again, "are you tired?"

He nodded, "a bit."

"Is it any problem?" I asked in curiosity. I could feel his sadness. I couldn't find the reason.

"I have to tell you something. There is good news and bad news. I don't know how to react and how to tell you." He told quietly.

"Do you know I am feeling nervous? So tell me quickly and directly."

"Actually, I didn't want to tell you like it but. ...."

I interrupted before letting him finish, "Ryan you know I don't like when you talk like it. Please tell me directly."

I took a deep signed, "Actually, our marriage is fixed but..."

"What? And when?" I almost shouted.

He sat straight and looked at me, "I can't stay away from you any more. Don't you want?"

I controlled my self, "it's not like that. I want to marry with you. But it is important decision and my family didn't accept our relationship and..."
He put his finger on my lips and said, "it's hard for you without your family. But you have to do it. One day we will get married so why not soon. I can understand but I can't help in this situation. And your family will accept it soon. So don't worry."

I nodded. It was tears into my eyes. He embraced me and I hugged him. I always feel better into his arms. It's just like a relax for me.

I asked, "you are was because our marriage is fixed?"

I already told you, "it is both news good and bad. It is good news." He hugged me tightly. "I can't wait to make me mine legally."

I smiled, "you are impossible. I am always wondering about you." He smiled but I could feel him.

I asked again, "so what is bad news?" I tired to look at his face but he didn't let me go. He said quietly, "just stay like that for some mintues."

I replied, "ok but tell me."

He took more time to tell me, "Actually, before our marriage, we decided you are going to meet your family. I know it's good news for you but I don't know how will I stay away from you for 15 days?"

Really, it's good news for me but I was  not glad as much I should have. I was feeling something was wrong. I asked Ryan about it but he didn't tell me anything. He told me that I was missing my family so much that's why they all decided that I should meet my family before my marriage.

I knew all humans are not allowed to meet their families when they want. Because it was risky and hard emotionally. Because in human world, myths are cruel, bad and dangers for them. I knew it is only rumor because they are like us but only with powers. It's not that they can use their powers as they want. They have precaution for using their powers. It's just like that we have more responsibility when we have more powers.

It was the day when I was going to meet my family. I was excited but I was nervous more. I didn't know how would they react to see me. I packed my bag. Sona helped me. She was happy that I was going to meet my family. I got ready when Ryan came into my room.

He was sad and I was not happy to see him like it. He asked, "are you ready?"

I nodded. He came close me and put his hand on my cheek, "I will come soon to take you."

I nodded. He asked again, "are you happy?"

I signed and replied, "I should have be but I am not."

He smiled and put his lips on my lips. definitely, I was going to miss his lips.  As I was going to taste his lips. He parted and he put his head on my head, "don't do it otherwise I won't let you go."

I only nodded. I wanted to kiss him but I controlled myself because I don't know what will I do if I let it continue.