Chapter 44 { Setenced.. }

The Next Morning, Chris, Vincent's, and Devin's Court Date..
-{ TEYANA POV }-

I wiped my eyes with the tissue seeing Chris sitting at the table between Vincent and Devin. They all had the same lawyer so today the trial is combined with them three.

I've been crying this whole time and just want to hug him one last time.

This morning, me, Mama Tee, Michael, Makayla, baby Alex, Vincent's mother Sharonda, and Valerie all were here to support the guys.

On the other side of the court room was Yoni's family. The tension was really high.

I gave Vanessa the day off today because I wasn't really going to be doing anything.

* * * * *

"Devin Smith, since you didn't really have anything to do with murder of Yoni Ridge, you are now released and free to go home." The judge said and banged the thing. Valerie let out a sigh of relief standing. She had a baby bump now.

"Thank you Lord!" Valerie said. They unlocked the shackles and handcuffs off of Devin releasing him where we were. Valerie attacked him with a hug and kisses.

I looked at Chris and he looked at me. "We got this.." He mouthed.

I sighed looking away only getting nervous because now it was down to Vincent and Chris. I coudktnhold myself together anymore. I just broke down crying looking at him. He looked so bummy. My baby needs a haircut and all and I know he probably haven't been showering as much in here.

He's been in here for 2 weeks. I know he misses home. Because home misses him.

* * * * *

I really don't get this court. I don't understand what we're really here for. I don't know if it's for Yoni or what Yoni's brother did weeks ago.

But I also think it's combined because they're related to one another.

* * * * *

"Objection! My client was just defending his woman! The young lady was clearly using her of something that she didn't know about!" Chris's and Vincent's lawyer, Samuel yelled.

"They didn't have to shoot her to death!" Yoni's brother lawyer yelled back.

"Your honor, my clients here are innocent! Jury, my clients are innocent! They're family men and have kids to take care of. You all have kids of your own right? Think about how they would feel if you were to be gone for a long time.. These two young men aren't monsters. Yeah they made this mistake, but they're not monsters!" Samuel said.

"Oh come on Sam, you do this every time! You know your clients are guilty! They took someone's life! Wouldn't you say that's a monster??!"

"They didn't mean to do it! They we're defending their family and their own lives! Besides, if none of this wouldn't have happened, your client would've have already killed my plaintiff, Mr. Smith! We all know he was going to that house he shares with his family to kill him!" Samuel yelled.

"This has nothing to do with the mu -"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, THAT IS ENOUGH!" The judge yelled banging the handle thing hard. I covered my ears a little until he stopped. "I heard enough.. Were going to take a little 4 minute break and allow our jury to determine weather Mr. Smith and Mr. Vincent will be guilty or not guilty." He banged the thing again standing Nd leaving out the room.

Everyone then started talking lowly. The tension was really high and the two lawyers were glaring at each other hella hard.

They both were saying good stuff this whole time, I don't know who will win this case. I'm nervous as hell and could barely breathe.

* * * * *

"HEY! THAT IS ENOUGH!" The judge yelled. The two lawyers been going at it for the past 5 minutes. It's like after that little 4 minute break, they went gather more shit. "Jury...What is your conclusion for these gentlemen?" He asked the jury.

Everyone turned their attentions to the jury except Chris and Vincent. They were looking at the floor probably praying and just as nervous as everyone else who were supporting them.

"Your honor, it is hereby said by me and this jury that Christopher Smith and Vincent Reed are ..."

_________________

To Be Continued....

Comment Your Thoughts. 😩