Chapter 89 { August.. }

LaterThat Evening..
-{ TEYANA POV }-

"You wanna lock up early today? We made a good $2,000 today and doesn't look like anyone else is coming in today." Makayla said playing with the pens on the counter.

"Yeah. Let them finish, then we'll lock up. I'll start telling the workers to get going." I said.

After allowing the workers to go home early, Makayla checked the last 2 customers out.

* * * * * * *

"So what's going on with you and Chris? Been watching your finger all day and seen there's no ring there." Makayla asked as i locked up the store.

"I don't know right now. But, I did throw the ring in his face. So he has it right now. He begged me to put it back on, but I refused. He also sent me this earlier this morning." I took out my phone showing Makayla the small paragraph Chris sent earlier saying how sorry he was.

"Awe, he's trying. You gonna forgive him?" She asked handing me back my phone.

I shrugged, "I don't know Kayla. This shit is really embarrassing to me and people are looking at me and shit almost everywhere I go. I barely wanted to come here but I didn't want that to allow me to just sit around and stuff." I said. "What you about to do though?"

"Run to the store for Alex. Her class is having little party tomorrow and she wants me to go buy a few snacks for the class." She said playfully rolling her eyes. I chuckled. "But I'll talk to you tomorrow or later maybe. Let me know what goes down too with you Chris."

"You already know I'm going to call yo nosey ass, hush up."

"Mhm. I love you though did." We hugged.

"I love you too girl."

* * * * * * * *

Since I had a good 3 hours left until I had to go get Aubrey and Cameron, I decided to use some of the time for myself.

I decided to stay at the mall and shop for myself. Just to treat myself for today. After shopping for clothes and shoes, I went to the Louis Vuitton store. I was looking at the purses when I felt someone staring at me.

I looked over my shoulder seeing a tall lightskin dude, curly hair, sexy pink plump lips, with a bunch of tattoos. He was fine as fuckkkkkkk!

"Um...Can I help you?" I chuckled asking continuing to look at the purses.

"Maybe. How you doing? I'm August." He held his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Teyana. I'm doing fine." I replied shaking his hand.
He then kissed it while looking me in the eyes. I blushed looking away.

"Your beautiful." He said.

"Thanks. Mama and daddy did do a wonderful job, ya know?" I smiled looking up at the ceiling and flipped my hair. He laughed. "Nahh but your a handsome young man." I said looking at him.

I wasn't lying either. He was fine as fuck.

"Thank you

"Thank you." He laughed. "You wanna get something to eat? I know your hungry." He said rubbing his hands together.

Hearing his Louisiana accent turned me on even more. I know a Louisiana nigga when I hear one. August is definitely from Louisiana.

"Actually, i was heading to the food court right after this. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have a friend to enjoy my food with." I grinned. He smiled showing his pearly whites.

* * * * * * *

"So, where are you from?" August asked as we sat at a table with our food.

"Louisiana, what about you?" I asked.

"Same place. What part?"

"New Orleans."

"Crazy how we never met." He smiled. I swear I could watch him smile all day. His teeth were perfect.

"Yup. That's crazy." I said shaking my head.

"Who's ya mama?"

"Jane Marlon, daughter of Toya Wright. My mom was married to -"

"Wait, Ms. Toya is your grandmother?"

"Yeah. You know her?" I asked him.

"She use to watch me all the time. Did you use to be there? I remember there was her other grandchildren there too." He said.

I stared at him thinking. "Wait..You use to have those pleats and the braids?" I asked him.

"Yup, that was me." He said laughing.

"Omg August!" I squealed. I jumped into his lap hugging him again. He laughed hugging me back. Once I realized I was in his lap, I immediately got up. "Sorry bout that. Got carried away." I said.

I can't believe I was sitting with August right now. My grandma use to have a little daycare at her house and would have at least 8 or 10 kids in the house at a time. August was one of them. But, they moved away to Houston, and We never heard about them again.

Now look at us.

"I can't believe we're meeting again. It feels so great!" I smiled .

"Me too. I thought you looked like her. How she been?" He asked me.

"I don't really know to be honest. I think she passed though. I haven't been to Louisiana in years. I don't want to go back." I said shaking my head.

"Awee That sucks. We need to start hanging out more. I lost you once, I can't lose you again." He said. I nodded agreeing.

"So tell me, how have you been? Tell me how life been treating you." I told him drinking my drink.

* * * * * * * *

"Y'all make sure y'all homework is done!" I told the kids as they ran upstairs.

We just got home. After lunch with August, we exchanged numbers, then I went get my nails done. I still can't believe I met my old time friend.

I can't wait to tell Makayla. Makayla knows August as well. My grandmother watched all of us. Almost all of the kids on the block would go to my grandmother's house.

We were like the 3 stooges. Stayed in trouble with my grandma.

I also had enough time to get to know the new August now as well.

Come to find out, August is a music artist. He sings/raps. He's single and doesn't have any kids. But he does want some of his own one day.

I told him about me having kids and being "married" to Chris, and he understood and didn't want to cross any lines. I really respect that about him and surprised he still wanted my number after learning all that about me.

We're just friends right now. I want to restore that friendship that we once had before they moved away.

——————————

Welcome A New Character . 🥳

Comment Your Thoughts . 💋