Chapter 18| 10 Years Part 3

———
(Recap)
Making sure you had your backpack, you started to head home. It was already 4:20 PM. One last glance at the graves, you walked out of the place. You weren't paying much attention, as a result, you ran into somebody.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

You continued walking, not glancing behind who you ran into. Without a doubt, it was a guy, judging from his voice. And wore something like a long black coat and in his hand, was some flowers.

But he did, he looked back who the hell ran into him. He somewhat recognized you.

"You remind me of my little sister, Akari." The man said to himself quietly.

(Official Chapter)
As you left the graves and walked down the street of that orange, red afternoon. You were left alone with thoughts of the future. You were only 15, turning 16 this year. Yet, half of your family was dead, one was missing and the other...you hated.

At the age of seven, your world turned upside down. Letting out a sigh, and held in any tears, you continued walking.

"Oops!" A woman that was walking in front of you, grocery bags ripped and fruits were rolling onto the ground.

Picking up a few of the items that went towards you, you handed it back to the woman.

"Here you go."

"Oh thank you!" She replied cheerfully.

Now taking a closer look at the middle-aged woman, you noticed her ruby orbs and ash blonde hair.

"Here you can put some of that into my bag for now." You suggested already opening your empty backpack, other than a water bottle, phone and wallet.

"Aw, thank you again dear! The house is just a few blocks away, if you don't mind!" She gave you a smile.

"I don't mind." You replied, her bright smile influencing you to do the same.

The woman's ruby eyes widen. Did you do something wrong?

"Are you...are you by Yui's daughter by any chance?" She asked.

You almost gasped, but only widen your (E/C) eyes. She knew your mother.

"What the hell? Wait...."

"Auntie?" You quietly said, almost in a whisper.

"It is you Ri-Chan! Call me Mitsuki! Ah, it's so good to see you again! How are you doing?" Mitsuki said happily and giving you a hug, a tight hug.

"I'm doing okay."

"Come on! Let's head to my house before I forget about the time!"
——
It was just like yesterday when his precious Ri was by his side, running through the forest hand in hand to the secret place. Climbing the trees, rolling on the tall, green grass and even almost setting the entire forest on fire.

It was just like yesterday she promised him that she'll marry him and craved their names onto a big tree near by, just like in those movies about the boy next door or something.