Chapter 33| Relax

Chapter 33| Relax

—5:52 PM

Everybody was starving and panting, especially the five as in Iida, Todoroki, Midoriya, Bakugou, and you. It was only natural to have the leaders of the class to go head on through the forest.

Bakugou's dominant arm was throbbing and shaking from over using his quirk. He had to use his other hand to steady it so it wouldn't be that obvious.

You, on the other hand, was cold as hell...and starving. The drawback of your quirk is that it takes energy to produce the flames. Overuse means that it leaves to a significant amount of temperature drop.

You felt an warm and firm hand on your shoulder, immediately you were attracted to it.

"Why the hell are you ice cold?" Bakugou asked, his eyes brows furrowed in concern.

"The after effects. My temperature is going to return to normal in a few, but food speeds up the process." You explained with a shrug. You lit a small, black flame in your open palm before extinguishing it by closing your palm back up.

"T-That's better than being...out...of breath all the...time." Midoriya panted, pausing after a few words to take a breath.

"I mean- a drop in body temperature can cause hyperthermia right?" You told him with a joking smile.

"Oh..."

"Don't worry.." You brought a fist up to your chest and hit it a couple of times. You laughed. "I was made to be a killer machine like this, plus, I'm not weak like Hedgehog over here."

Before Bakugou could shout anything vulgar back, one of the pro heros spoke up.

"Looks like there wasn't a point of hurrying you after all." The dark haired hero chuckled at the sight of the class being roughed out by the Earth Beasts created by the blonde.

"'A little over two hours' my damn ass." Sero complained after quoting one of the pro heros.

"Ughh...I'm going to starve to death!" Kirishima sighed, looking worn out from all the sprinting and switching plays.

"Oops, my bad. I meant by our standards as pro-heros."

You rolled your eyes and rested your shoulder on Bakugou's shoulder. The ash blonde didn't seem to mind, he only clicked his tongue at you.

I didn't get tired as easily back then did I? But then again, I usually worked non-stopped...

"Hm, it was pretty impressive to have my Earth Beasts to be figured out so quickly and easily. You guys are good," The blonde hero, Pixiebob, grinned and pointed her "paws" at the five of you. "Especially you five, the lack of hesitation and indecisiveness...I'll take it that comes from past experiences?"

The pro hero was right. Especially about you. Everything you learned was from tears and past experiences. Things come differently when you learn lessons through tears and go face to face with your fears.

"Hey, Shou?"

"Yes?"

"Give me some of your damn flames, I'm hungry." You bluntly stated to him, staring at his left side.

The bi-colored haired male gave you a slight nod in response before pulling up his sleeve to keep it from burning. A rather large orange and red flame ignited in his palm. Your (E/C) orbs lit up like a child in a candy store. Immediately, you took in a deep breath, but not for oxygen, but for the fire.